*April Fools* Boyd Gaming announces four $1 Million tournaments

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Apr 1, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Boyd Gaming has announced pairs of tournament events, scheduled at the outgoing Stardust and the incoming Echelon Place. No details yet on entry fee, but it sounds interesting.

The press release is linked from the "In the News" section on the right side
    of their website:

*Link to fake site and press release now disabled*
    Read on for the details.

2. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Triple LOL!!!

Kenneth: as usual, your site is once again the front runner in releasing timely and meaningfull BJ tournament news.:joker: :joker: :joker:

3. gflan

gflan New Member

A classic!

Very nice. WTG Ken...thanks for the info....may we all benefit from it....LOL

4. tirle_bj

tirle_bj Member

April fool

Well done, Ken. This is just fantastic joke. By the way, today S. Yama is nominated to be a tournament director of MGM - Mirage...

It was really fun to watch the site's reaction...

Thank's god, Joe is still part of our Community.

5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Thank You

First off I would like to thank all who sent along many note's and emails to me wishing me all the best in my new position. It was a very difficult decision and it took a long time for me to finally say yes to the Boyd gaming family. I didn't want to be looked upon as someone who was being a hypocrite to my friends and many whom I consider family in the blackjack world. My decision was solely based upon my desire to make the Stardust/Echelon blackjack tournaments the best in the world .I believe that my experience in tournaments was the main reason that Boyd Gaming selected me .That was a major factor in my saying yes to them .I hope all who I have come to know and love as family in our tournament community will fully understand my decision .I will always be looking to make the Boyd gaming tournaments the premiere tournaments held and with you the players in mind.

6. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Congratulations Joep

Seeing Joep in a suit might be a shock at first :eek: , but
    I am glad to see you were finally able to get a Million dollar tournament started back up (if only for the Stardust final year). :)

I hope that your weekly tournament concept will take off as well. If I am not mistaken the weekly 7:00 pm tournaments on Thursdays nights (starting April 13th) at the Stardust will be the only one held on the strip and other than the Silverton, the only night time mini-tournaments around anymore. :rolleyes:

Joep is taking tournament suggestion from all players, please send all suggestions to:
    Joep@Boydgaming.com

Good work Joep, we're all pulling for you! :D

Great job!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  7. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Hope you enjoyed it

OK, as April Fools Day winds down, I've removed the site originally posting the fake press release.

If you missed it, here's the text:
    [​IMG]