Ultimate Blackjack Tour on CBS: TV Schedule

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by KenSmith, Sep 16, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Here's the schedule of upcoming episodes of Ultimate Blackjack Tour on CBS:
    Shows that have already aired show the winner in bold.

Saturday, Sept 16, 2 PM Eastern:
    Michael Postle, "Hollywood Dave" Stann, Chuck Gorson, Alex Brenes, "Miami" John Cernuto, Ken Smith, Michael Castellana

Saturday, Sept 23, 2 PM Eastern:
    Jimmy Pine, David Matthews, Robert Blechman, Eric Bloore, Antonio Esfandiari, James Grosjean, Joanna Wlodawer

Saturday, Sept 30, 2 PM Eastern:
    Erica Schoenberg, Willard Dubois, Fred David, David "Devilfish" Ulliot, Lupe Sherman, Tyrone Jackson, Ron Saccavino

Saturday, Oct 14, 1 PM Eastern:
    Gary Debernardi, Chuck Gorson, Monica Reeves, Klara Lato, Michael Castellana, Mark Kroon, Steven Suh

Saturday, Nov 4, 1 PM Eastern:
    Blair Rodman, Dewey Tomko, Patrick Taylor, Adriana Jade, Norm Sheridan, S.H. Long

Saturday, Nov 18, 1 PM Eastern:
    "Ladies of Blackjack"
    Erica Schoenberg, Klara Lato, Annie Duke, Jennifer Tilly, Monica Reeves, Angie Moneytaker, Clonie Gowan

Saturday, Nov 25, 1 PM Eastern:
    Gary Debernardi, Darrell Arnold, Previn Mankodi, Artie Cobb, Kevin Blackwood

Saturday, Dec 23, 12:30 PM Eastern:
    "Hollywood Dave" Stann, Jennifer Tilly, Matt Davidow, Erica Schoenberg, Freddie Deeb, Skip Samad

Monday, Dec 25, 1 PM Eastern:
    To Be Announced

Saturday, Dec 30, 2 PM Eastern:
    To Be Announced

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  2. sabrejack

sabrejack New Member

One philosopical ? One phunctional ?

Scanning this list of players, there is some significant counting talent here. For example, K. Blackwood, P. Mankodi and not the least of which, James "Beyond Counting" Grosjean... Would one expect that counters will use their talents in these matches? (Let's also hope Grosjean can't spot any hole cards or everyone is in trouble...) How about any new thoughts on the value of counting in this new, more sophisticated era of BJT's we're entering? Popular wisdom and literature says counting's not worth it--any thoughts today?

Second, and more mundane, but important: Who decides the players who get into this tour? One can see the "TV Q" factor at play with choices like J. Tilly, Hollywood D, poker stars like Esfandiari, Brenes, etc. and of course you Ken, but what about the others?

Good cards all,
    Sabresport (AKA Sabrejack)

3. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

??

I have no clue how I got my invite, I think Michael C. had some influence. I played him almost heads up in the Hilton qualifier. I had no clue who he was then, but I have met him and played with him at UTE mountain trying to get into the WSOB this past year. That was like a homecoming, lots of great players there, but none of us made it. The Hilton was only the second tournament I had ever played in. Now thats gutsy or stupid, you pick. LOL

I got real lucky to get the invite to Vegas to play in the preliminaries and just got super lucky to advance to the finals which was taped in Hollywood.

This is a great community of players!

Pat
    (aka Patrick Taylor or PTinHSV on global)

PS: You can ask Regina what I look like. Just don't let her drive when you go to UTE. She has a hard time keeping it in the road from looking at all the scenery.

:laugh:

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

Pat wasn't Ute Mountain after the UBT taping at Lake Las Vegas and Hollywood ?

Joep

5. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Dates

Joep,

I believe you are right, UTE was after the UBT taping. That was my point, I was a total unknown as far as I recall when I got my invite to come try out for UBT. Actually you need to ask my wife about dates and chronology of events. I am having a real hard time with memory loss. I have found many times I forgot what I bet when I make the secret bet online! I wish they would fix it so it would show me what I bet so I could decide how to play my hand!

Pat

6. Joep

Joep Active Member

Memory Loss

Pat we think alike .I already sent that suggestion in to the forces that be last week.I was informed that that will be available soon. The suggestion was let the player who made the secret bet see his/her bet. Especially if they are playing 2 games at once. Or for guys like us with a short term memory loss :laugh:

Joep

7. sabrejack

sabrejack New Member

Today on CBS/Tomorrow In Jail?

OK, I like to write these dramatic post titles...

But, saw the latest UBT show today--thought it was quite good with the usual twists and turns. I think the show is quite well done overall although the final hand was obviously anti-climactic (but clever of "Ms. Surrender" to do just that on final hand-- it was at least classy and mildly entertaining...)

However, at the forefront of my mind throughout the show was Friday's Congressional action re online gaming. That juxtaposed oddly against CBS's mainstream play of airing a show linked to its core with online gaming! This is CBS--one of America's apple pie and Chevrolet major networks!

The commercials for UB, Bet21, Golden Palace, etc. were of course loaded with disclaimers about "not a gaming site," but will those ad revenue-producing spots be endangered after the 270 days, or whatever the mandatory implimentation time is of this new law? Those spots have to be critical to the financial viability of this show in the future...

Makes one wonder--Will the future growth of BJTs be affected by this new big brother, government action? Is it toothless legislation, or is it a real problem? What a ridiculous, double standard, freedom-limiting move aimed only at tax-paying Americans who just want a little entertainment in their lives! Don't brick and mortar gaming people know that online exposure and building this "sport" in a mainstream way will improve their business as well?

I could go on and on--but what are people thinking about this? Anyone read the legislation?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  8. noman

noman Top Member

Sabre:

I posted elsewhere re this:

But, regardless, of what I said there:

Big brother can't control on-line purchases to collect sales tax so fa.

Now dey are distracted by the "wagering" SITES.

What's a MOTHER to do?

Da numbnuts can't fix border security or come up with a good imigration law, or protect retirees, which was supposedly done in 1968, so, I goes back to da money boys, I listed in da udder post.

Then, we all can cowtoe, or find the remaining vacant land in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana, buy up all the survival Schtuff and meet at the local salon to satisfy are gaming needs. And let Swerengen and Wo allow us to do what they'll allow us to do.

Or we wait till after Nov. 4th and go on as always as we do, just like Dubai Ports and Marquis Cinterous get overlooked after the initial hoopla and ho-hum.

9. pergo56

pergo56 Member

I have heard that Brian Zembic, the man with 100,000.00 Breasts is going to be on a episode of Ultimate Blackjack Tour. Is this true? I don't see him listed in the schedule.

Hey! Do you think he will try to distract the other players like Monica Reeves?: :yikes:

DRP

10. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Not sure, but...

I'm not sure if he made one of the shows or not, but he did play in the tournaments in N. Lake Las Vegas the summer of 2005, which is where the players on the current shows have come from.

11. Reachy

Reachy New Member

how many?

Can I just clear something up here? Does this individual have 100,000 breasts or are his breasts worth $100K? Either is a worrying scenario but the mental image conjured up of a man covered head to toe in 100,000 tiny, tiny breasts is scary :vomit:

Cheers

Reachy

12. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Reachy

He's a guy that someone bet him $100,000 he wouldn't get breast implants. Kind of a dare bet.

He won.

13. bahoozle

bahoozle Member

Ewwww...

That's kinda nasty. But then, I think I might do that for $100,000. Any well-funded takers?

14. pergo56

pergo56 Member

how many?

I believe that would be 53,436.40 £ to our friends across the big pond. :D

DRP

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  15. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Have heard of him

Actually, thinking about it, I do remember hearing something about this guy before. I also believe that he wants to keep the breasts now as they are excellent for attracting women.

On another similar note does anybody remember/heard of a gentleman called Genesis P. Orridge (formed a band called Psychic TV most famously)? Well he too has had breast implants. Do you wanna see a picture?

Cheers

Reachy

Ps. the attached picture is Zembic not P. Orrdige

Attached Files:

16. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

More cleavage

NO REACHY. PLEASE NO!!!!!

By the way, Brian displayed a nice bit of cleavage on the WSOB (don't remember if it was II or III) until they made him button up. :mad:

Now I'm really ready for something completely different --- PLEASE