Helpful suggestion to whom it may concern

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by TXtourplayer, Oct 15, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I was checking out UB/Bet21 sit & go tournaments today and they seem to have several players from $1 to $30 games playing.

However, I noticed that the bigger tournaments (like St. Kitts qualifiers) were not filling up. The one's I saw only needed a few more players (3 - 7 in each) to get to the minimum required 30 players.

My suggestion is, why not have some type of automatic posting to the chat in each of the sit and go tournaments when a bigger tournament is about to start? :rolleyes:

It may not help to fill up the tournament, but it wouldn't hurt. And if it worked, it seems like UB/Bet21 could host a lot more satellite events and stop having to cancel them as much. :eek:

Just a suggestion, I thought might be useful. :cool:

2. Janlovespoker

Janlovespoker New Member

Rick,
    Good suggestion. I went to 4 S-n-G's today to ask them to come and play

20 minutes before start time and only a few showed up.:confused:
    I did this the other day with good results. I don't know what the problem is.

3. TXtourplayer

One other suggestion...

For the St. Kitt's satellites ($5 + .50) you require 30 minimum players.

So that is a minimum of $150 you require to host the satellite, plus the $15.00 fee.

Why not offer a $10 + $1.00 fee with a minimum of 15 players? I'll bet you have more players coming to play and a lot more UBT satellites that wouldn't have to be canceled.

Plus you would be bringing in a larger fee for yourselves, (UB/Bet21).

I would think that the same 20 - 29 players would come play at $10 + $1 as do for the $5 + .50 events, maybe even more.

Just think that could also increase the entries for the $200 + $15 main satellite's attendance as well if it worked.

Once again this is just a suggestion I hope can be helpful for the success of these satellites and the UBT land based events.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  4. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

GREAT IDEAS Rick!!!!

I sent a suggestion last week about using the flashing message board to help promote these events 15 minutes or so before the start. They thanked me for the idea but nothing has changed yet.

They do it for poker all the time....there are thousands of players logged onto the site ...yesterday every single satt. for ST Kitts was canceled ...once we had 29 people.....how can anyone miss such a great equity event???

I would have gladly have payed double amount to have had a game...or Im pretty sure that out of thousands... a few poker players would have taken a shot for $5.

Sad really ...all the talk ...but so little support...

I suppose this legislation might be a factor....but they were playing poker like crazy...so I dont know...

Anyway...I hope "The powers that be" are listening to your excellent ideas of promoting this game we all enjoy.

They should be paying you more! LOL

Great job.

5. TXtourplayer

Another suggestion

The first year I had Global host my cruise satellite events, I would award a free cruise for first place. After a couple of weeks of low turnouts I changed the pay schedule to all cash payouts.

By doing this I increased the number of players in the tournaments because this allowed ALL players to play in the events and not just the players going on the cruise.

We went from low player turnouts up to close to four times the players by making that one change. And anyone that was wanting to go on the cruise could just use the winnings to pay their way and if they weren't going they could just take the cash. The players liked it much better.

Now I understand why UB/Bet21 wants to give away the trip and seat, but if it will increase the number of players for the satellites it could be worth the gamble.

What do they really have to lose?

It is just a suggestion on how to increase the number of current players for the nightly satellites, again just my opinion and only trying to help.