UBT Tour Schedule for 2007

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Joep, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Joep

Joep Active Member

Here is the future UBT Tour dates for 2007

March 2007 Aruba Host Bet 21

April 2007 Las Vegas Host Palms

May 2007 Paris France Host Aviation Club

June 2007 TBA

July 2007 Las Vegas Host Venetian

August Aruba Host Ultimiate Bet

Sept 2007 TBA

Oct 2007 TBA

Nov 2007 San Diego Host Barona

There is also one major change in the 2007 Tour

UBT will now be offering re-buys for 1,000 in the main event with players able to rebuy up to 2 times

Thanks to Russ Hamilton for allowing me to reveal these tour stops first to all the members here

Joep

2. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Paris France

This was the question that I meant to send into Russ Hamilton on the radio show but missed the deadline.

It is something that I have been curious about and is not a criticism about UBT.

If any of our St Kitt's guys meet up with him can you ask him this and reply.

What was the rationale behind organising the European stage of the UBT in Paris France?

I am sure that many logistics must be considered when organising a tournament in Europe but France just does not add up to me.

Having played Blackjack Tournament games on the net for the past two years I cannot ever recall coming across a player from France. Okay I know that I am English and would like to see Elimination Blackjack outside my own front door but then given the player pool from Germany (who already host BJ Tournament’s) why was that country not chosen?

Just curious and you can thank Russ from me for developing UBT.

Andy.

3. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

New TV contracts

When a UBT Tour stop is planned its a week long event ending with the 2700 main event.The Barona Tournaments are 500 tournaments and are over just 2 or 3 day period.

To answer Andy question the selection of the Aviation Club in Paris was made to run along with one of the major Poker tour stops that takes place in Paris during that same week.

Russ also announced here in St Kitts 3 new TV networks in addition to CBS signed on with UBT to air the UBT tournaments all over the world

One of the networks that I know the name of is WGN which is based in Chicago and is the home network of the Chicago Cubs

The other networks I believe are in Canada and Europe I will check on that later when I see Russ

So as you can see this is just getting bigger and bettter for the blackjack tournament world...........

Joep

5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

So please correct me if I am wrong but that means there is NO UBT stops in January, February or March?

What happened to a site in Atlantic City? I distinctly remember them even mentioning a site on the first radio call "Be in Action"

Are these listed sites going to be stand-alone or in conjunction with poker stops?

Will there by any "satellite" stops, like the San Diego, BEFORE the weeklong events?

Thanks for the updates Joep, especially for letting us, members of BJT.com know first!

PS Will the Aruba stop be held at the Radisson again? Making reservations early this time!

6. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Uncle Joe, would you please comment a little more on the qualifiers at Barona, for example. Will they be a 500 buy in for daily multi table tournaments? And why do they put a-lot of these tournaments in bum flock 3rd world tourism countries like Aruba? It would be better to keep them where the demand is.

7. tootsie

tootsie Member

We have the exact dates for the Palms and Barona stops, what about the ones in Aruba (Mar & Aug, 2007), Paris (May) and Venetian (Jul)?

8. maxwell

maxwell Member

Wgn

When Does Wgn Start Airing The Ubt?
    I Have Not Seen The Ubt On Television Because Of Network Contracts Or Some Bullshit-i Am In Houston And Only Receive Cbs West Or Cbs East Of Wich A Cannot Get Because I Have Local Channels-anyway This Is All Bullshit So I Will Be Very Very Happy When Wgn Starts Airing Does Anybody Know When That Will Be
    Thanks Early
    Maxwell:d :d

9. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Maxwell, I heard that WGN will begin airing UBT in January. I hear they are planning to air it three times a week. This is great news! These are great shows, and the more repeats we get, the more interest we'll generate.

10. maxwell

maxwell Member

Wgn

Thanks For Info I Will Be Glued To Wgn Beginning In January:d :d

11. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

This is good news RE WGN. Ill bet they give it a decent time slot. The CBS show on saturday mornings is hard to catch and for some reason I even have a hard time TIVOing it. Ive watched only one and have one more, this weekends, in the memory. Once I get that second down Im writing a book of advanced UB play! :)

12. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Any dates on the Aruba event yet? Does this have anything to do with the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT?