2007 Wsob

Discussion in 'World Series of Blackjack' started by fgk42, Apr 18, 2007.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

So any idea of when the air dates are scheduled? :confused:

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Look for June/July air dates...

Five to six months seems to be the norm for the WSOB to be aired after completion of the finals.

This year’s WSOB will be surprising, (but then aren’t most blackjack tournaments) it had a good mix of satellite qualifiers, celebrities, and seasoned tournament players.

Actually most of the seasoned tournament players just made it in thanks to GSN sponsoring some last minute qualifiers at the Las Vegas Hilton, just days before the finals were to begin filming.

This years celebrities included Penn Teller (from Penn & Teller), Caroline Rey (Sabrina, the teenage witch), Orel Hershiser (EX-MVP World Series with the LA Dodgers), and Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie) were a few.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Surely someone at GSN must have an idea of WHEN they plan on airing them. How much time does it take to edit, cut and splice? I mean when American Idol can be done LIVE I find it perplexing that it would take that long for them to edit a BJT!

I mean how can you create buzz, hype with only 3 weeks before airtime? I mean the idea is to have lots of viewers and good ratings right :confused:

4. shipman

shipman Member

Wsob

Last season started on june 10th. I went to past post and found the start date of last years WSOB. So I suppose GSN will show this years around that time or so!