2008 Las Vegas Hilton Suited BJ tournament

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by David086, Apr 23, 2008.

1. David086

David086 New Member

Ok who's gonna be there? I am, I won a free entry and room back in December, but dont know crap about tournaments so I figure ill probably be out the first go around but who knows! And are they doing the stupid MULLIGAN thing ive been reading about seems kinda shady and a way to suck you in.. Also does anyone know how many players will be in it and payouts? Thanks

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

This tournament is listed on the calendar in this web site and most of your questions can be answered there. For your convenience, just click on this URL:

As for the Mulligan, it's their way of reducing the cost of sponsoring the event. But don't be too harsh on this subject. When and if the opportunity is right, it can mean the difference between advancing or not.

GOOD LUCK on your first tournament. Don't be surprised if you win some money. There is such a thing as beginners luck in Blackjack Tournaments.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  3. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

I can certainly vouch for that.

4. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

First two Winstar qualifier winners...

The first two winners for the qualifying events for the Winstar $2,000,000 "Split" events were both first time tournament players.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  5. ahc66

ahc66 New Member

Free room?

How do you get the free room? I qualified the other day and was thinking of coming back out for the event. One of the problems though is the cost of airfare and a hotel room for two nights. A free room would really help me decide to do it. Do they offer you a room based on previous play or how do they figure that? Do you have to ask for it? Thanks, Dave

6. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

When you qualified with a Suited BJ, you received a yellow slip of paper. That paper contained a phone number that you must call to reserve a spot in the tournament. When you call, the person has information on your past play which may qualify you for 3 free nights at the hotel. If your play is insufficient for free rooms, their policy, in the past, has been to offer a hotel room for 3 nights at $55 per night if you are playing in the tournament.

7. David086

David086 New Member

Yeah my dad is in the tourament to he didnt qualify but they offered him the room for $55 a night, but he has a time share with hilton grand vacation club so he didnt need it anyway lol