$50,000 ACES & ACTION (LV Hilton 03/25 - 03/28)

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by ingmiguelmora, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ingmiguelmora

ingmiguelmora New Member

Somebody help me.. This is gonna be my first hilton tournament.

On the website it says that the registration day is Tuesday, March 25, If i get there at night (maybe by 21:00), do u think i can still make it? I already have booked it.

Thank you

Miguel:cool:

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Usually the main registration is over at 7:00pm so you'll probably miss that. However, they normally do allow for late arrivals by allowing you to register 1 hour before the tournament begins on March 26. Their tournaments normally begin at 10:00am, so you should be able to register at 9:00am on March 26 on the main floor in the tournament area.

When you register for your hotel room, the clerk should give you a sheet of paper containing the times to register. If he/she doesn't, tell him/her that you are there for the tournament and ask for information on registering for the tournament.

GOOD LUCK!!!

3. ingmiguelmora

ingmiguelmora New Member

Thank u Toolman1...

Fortunately i've found the way to get there earlier.

What about u, what tournaments u have in mind?

4. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Good that you can get there earlier. Gives you more time to unwind and psych yourself up for the tournament - will make your whole stay more enjoyable.

As for me, I considered going to the Kewadin tournament at St. Ignace, Michigan in March. The problem is, if we get an early spring, I'd have to stay home and watch the grass grow. In that case I'd have to forfeit my entry fee. So I'm not making any reservations there at this time.

5. ingmiguelmora

ingmiguelmora New Member

Hello again...

The time has come and tomorrow i'll be flying to LAS VEGAS...

The tournament (ELIMINATION FORMAT) starts in two days.

Is anyone gonna be there? :confused:

I'm sure that there is many people here with lots of experience, can you post for me a few advices? :)

Thank u & please wish me luck... 'cause i am gonna need it...

Miguel

6. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

Hilton Tournament

I played in this tournament this week.

Bad week.
    1-American Airlines lost my checked bag...they eventually found it, but it's still a downer when this happens.

2-In the second round, last hand, I enjoyed a 2+ maximum bet over every other player. Due to a massive brain fart, (or the beginning of dementia)
    I bet 1500 (max bet was 2500). Every other player doubled garbage...14,s 15,s etc. and all hit to totals of 20, or 21. I of course, lost the hand, so guess what, 4 of 5 players beat me

3- On the plus side, typical of Hilton touneys, it was well run. The mulligan chip was only 20.00. The venue for the tourney was in the high roller area, a big improvement over other venues there. Also they have rearranged their BJ pits. There are now several 6 deck shoe games, with probably the best rules in Vegas.

7. ingmiguelmora

ingmiguelmora New Member

Hey Fredguy, here is my story...

1st round.- I dit it, i advanced to 2nd round getting a black jack on last hand with max bet.

2nd round.- Did it again. To much stress over that table, but i advanced to 3rd round

3rd round.- Now the top 3 bankrolls would advance to semi-finals... and what happen? I did it.. I was pretty excited, 'cause this was my first tournament. I used my mulligan chip, and it worked; so now i was on semifinals.

Semi-finals.- So close & so far to the final table. This time the dealer must hit 21 hands on each table. There was three 7 people table left. Two of each would advance to semifinals... oooooooooohhhh no... I couldn't make it... I think the guy next to me was so lucky and he got and eleven and double it for a 21 with max bet... I got 19 on the last hand and couldn't do so much more.

I was really sad, because i thought i was already on the final table...

Anyway I got a 100 usd prize.

Next tournament: 100,000 black jack tournament at las vegas hilton on may. I got my free entry because i've got an elegant black jack on a table on saturday.

See you...