Travel Channel: Million Dollar BJ Tourn 2 Finals

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Dec 26, 2004.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I think we'll finally get to see the TV coverage of the Hilton's MDBJ2 finals that were held in May 2004...

Upcoming Travel Channel schedules list the following two shows:

On Wednesday January 5th, at 8 PM and 11 PM Eastern time, they're airing "Travel Channel Secrets", an episode titled "Million Dollar Blackjack Tournament". I think this is another rerun of MDBJ1's finals.
    Here's a link to the Travel Channel website page about that episode:
    http://travel.discovery.com/schedule/episode.jsp?episode=0&cpi=86947&gid=5262&channel=TRV

Then, on Thursday January 6th, at 6 PM Eastern time, they're airing a show where both the show title and the episode title are the same: "Million Dollar Blackjack Tournament"
    Here's their webpage:
    http://travel.discovery.com/schedule/episode.jsp?episode=0&cpi=86947&gid=0&channel=TRV

My guess is that Wednesday is a rerun, but Thursday is a new show, from MDBJ2. If anyone can confirm, that would be great.

The early rumors were that there would be four shows, one for each semifinal table and one for the finals. Then, the rumors switched to two shows, one for all the semifinals, and one for the finals. Now, who knows?

2. KenSmith

I got a DVD of the Semifinal episode

It's official, there are two MDBJ2 shows. A semifinal episode covers all three of the semifinal rounds, and a second show covers the final round. I received a DVD of the semifinal round in today's mail. I haven't seen the final round show yet.

I also called the production company to see if they had a broadcast date. They did not. I still expect the January 5th or January 6th shows to be at least one of these episodes.

I've watched the semifinal show, and it's definitely a big improvement over the MDBJ1 production. They follow every bet and card for the last 5 hands of each round. However, the bankrolls and bet amounts are flashed onscreen pretty briefly so it will be virtually impossible to follow the strategy at home.

I'll get the three semifinal rounds posted here in Play by Play. Should I wait until after the episodes air?

3. cmonseven

cmonseven New Member

Hey!

Do I get a DVD too since I was at the semi final table or do I need to bribe you Ken for a copy?

4. KenSmith

Beats me

I don't know if you'll get a copy or not. I assume you probably will, since I was never contacted by the production company in any role other than as a player. The mailing itself had no information at all, just the DVD in a plastic case. Let me know if you get one.

5. cmonseven

cmonseven New Member

Yesss!!!

Received mine in the mail today. Boy they picked every goofy face I made and plastered it up there :( .

6. KenSmith

Jan 5, 8 PM was a rerun

The first show noted above is confirmed now to be a rerun of the show about Milllion Dollar Blackjack Tournament One. I assume the 11 o'clock showing will be the same.

Then, tomorrow, maybe we'll see something new at 6 PM Eastern.

7. BuckHawk75

BuckHawk75 New Member

Jan 6 showing

My satellite dish program guide shows that the Travel Channel's January 6 showing at 6pm Eastern, 3pm Pacific is dated December 2003, so it might be MDBJ1.

Of course, networks have been known to make changes in programming decisions after the program guide info gets sent out, and sometimes the date listed seems to have a fairly random relationship to the actual episode that gets aired (like in ESPN's coverage of poker).

I guess I'll set my VCR for 3:00 and hope for the best.

CJ

8. shipman

shipman Member

Travel Channel

Last Nights showing Of MDBJ1 Was Shown In December 2003 Also. So Tonights Episode Might Be A Repeat. I Figured That I Would Mention It.

9. Mdbj

I cannot even believe that they are indeed showing MDBJ 1 again right now. This is so pathetic, I thought for sure they would be showing #2 this time.

10. KenSmith

Arrggh

You're right. That is pathetic.

11. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Maybe next week

On an earlier post I stated some of the Travel Channel crew had told me it would be during Vegas Week in January. Vegas Week starts next week, I guess we'll have to wait another week. Hope they are right.

12. cmonseven

cmonseven New Member

Do I hear money?

Care to place a wager on that??? What are the going odds????

13. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Private bet!

Call me and we can make a dinner bet for May. Tell Mark and the kids Hi for me.

14. shipman

shipman Member

Travel Channel

This Is pathetic! Travel Channel Is Showing It Again Saturday Night Too!!!