A quickie...

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Reachy, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I'm currently researching some different strategy ideas and I want to ask what may appear to be a stupid question. Please bear in mind that it's late at night where I am, I've been working on this quite a lot for the past few weeks (too much says my wife!), and I'm tired and I'm going to bed :)

What would you do if...

...you were BR1, acting first on the final hand and you had bet enough to get the high low and could surrender back to the absolute low. You have been dealt a hard 12 and BR2 has 11. What is your action?

I'm still doing the groundwork for this strategy project and it may take a while yet before I can really start to bring it all together. Nevertheless I am getting glimpses of interesting and possibly unusual approaches to playing hands in many various scenarios.

Cheers

reachy

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

You should probably clarify this exactly, preferably with some bankroll and bet numbers.

3. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

It depends

Reach, based on your recent research I'm guessing that you've bet double the lead minus a chip and BR2 bet the max.

If your lead is (1/3)max<gap<(2/5)max then you don't have the double covered. Hit no bust is your best move, forcing BR2 to win the double as his best move.

If your lead is gap>(2/5)max then you can cover the double with your double. That's probably your best move. BR2's best play is free hits, which is difficult if your double down card is face down.

4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Apologies

I realised as I got into bed that I hadn't given enough information. Monkeysystem guessed right though. The question was more of a reality check and doubling/hitting is what I would do in those circumstances. However some odd things are starting to come out of my project and I'm not sure what to make of them. Further study required..

Cheers

Reachy