Accumulation BJ Tourament

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by mac, Nov 8, 2006.

1. mac

mac New Member

I have played in a couple of elimination touraments but never in an accumulation style tourament.
    I have been invited to a tourament at Harrah's Cherokee in North Carolina and am looking for information on the best way to play this format.
    The rules are: 20 hands, $2500 backroll $100 min bet no max., DAS split 4 hands max BJ pays 3:2 H17 no surrender.
    Any help appreciated.

2. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Pick a number

Best advice is usually to set a target bankroll to aim for.

Obviously, if you have any kind of idea ahead of time what bankroll will make you advance, then that helps, but the main thing is just to set a number and either make it to it or bust out trying. There's some formuals you can use to determine a good number if you really want to get into it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  3. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Massive info

There is a wealth of info on this forum pertaining to accumulation format tournaments. My suggestion is click on "search" (near the top of this page), type in "accumulation format", make sure "show threads" is selected, and click on "go".

Problem is you may spend so much time reading that you'll miss the tournament. :laugh:

GOOD LUCK and let us know how the tournament turned out. :)

4. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Accumulation advice

Mac,

I played in an accumulation tourney last month and finished second overall. This tourney had three rounds of 20 hands each, accumulation, no elimination. I won one of the rounds outright. Your rules are different enough from mine (we had 1000 max, not unlimited) that my method may not work. With no max, someone may just push all-in the last few hands and if they win, everyone else is in trouble.

But to put yourself in decent position going into the last few hands (then its your choice), I recommend a few (3-4) smallish bets (~300-400) and then goimg on a 4-5 step progression to accumulate some ammo going into the last few (5,6) hands.

It worked for me.:laugh:

Stretch

5. mac

mac New Member

Accum. BJ

Thanks all for your advise.
    Guess what I'll do is play minimum bet for a couple of hands to see how the rest of the table is betting then shift to a medimum (300-400) bet til later in the session. If some of the players start to run away will increase my bet. Best system appears to be to cross your fingers:rolleyes:
    Tourament is the 19th. I'll let you know how it turns out.