Advice on Aruba

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Stubbs, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Stubbs

Stubbs New Member

Last Saturday I rolled out of bed around 11:15 am and turned on the Tv to check on my college football parlays. There happened to be a blackjack tourney on...lol... UBT.They gave a spill "Go online for your chance to be on tv". So I got online downloaded so on and so on..... Sunday afternoon I found myself heading to Aruba :eek: ( I would say alot of luck no skill )

My question is ......I've played alot of blackjack but does anyone have any advice for someone whos just learning this game and is going to be sitting at one the final tables on Friday?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  2. Joep

Joep Active Member

Bring Sun Block :laugh:

The Finals are on the beach

Joep

3. douchekitty

douchekitty New Member

Finals are on the beach??

Are the finals really on the beach?? Not to sound like a total girl or anything, but I would love if you knew because i have no freakin clue what to bring to wear for the final table! Lol. Anyways, hope you can reply and let me know! Thanks!

4. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Best of luck to all the Aruba UBT players!

Congratulation's to the to Aruba online winners and for both joining the BJT.com family. These two sure are lucky.

Stubbs 1st post @ 1:54 AM

Advice on Aruba

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  5. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Go Speed Racer, Go

You're right, Tex, Joe & i completely made up these internet qualifiers just to fuck with you. you've really got it all figured out, man.

-hd.

6. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I smell a rat!!

I can just about read your post Tex but when I did I think you may be onto something.

I wondered why douchekitty asked me how I knew HD so well!

Rumbled!!

Cheers

Reachy

7. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Too much time

And I thought I had too much time on my hands....

Cheers

Reachy AKA Ken Smithee

8. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I don't know about actually being ON the beach, but the final tables will be filmed outdoors, with a view of the beach. I believe there will be some sort of awning, but sunscreen will be a must.

9. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Tex, Since you saw fit to post your diatribe a second time, I decided to undelete the original a few posts above, so everyone can judge your posts for themselves.

The tournament world is finally taking off, and we're getting new visitors here that are brand-new to the game and the site. And this is how you decide to react?

10. douchekitty

douchekitty New Member

Hmmm Thanks for letting me know the final tables are going to be held outside, because that makes my packing a whole lot easier! Lol. Anyways, maybe I'll see you at the final table! =D

11. douchekitty

douchekitty New Member

LOL just to clarify in case there's any confusion... I'm not HD's made up person. =P And as for why I asked you Reachy how you knew HD so well is because you seem to have a good idea of his playing/behavioral styles lol. Btw, you never did answer my question! Anywho, just wanted to clear all that up lol.

12. TXtourplayer

Did you really?

You guy's got me...LOL. Good one!

13. Stubbs

Stubbs New Member

Hey Douchekitty

Did you get a seat through another site, I remember it came down to hand # 30 and I barely squeezed you out of second place. Or did you get in as an alternate, cause Snugglybear can't go?

14. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

they're the real deal, buddy

oh lordy... Rick, i was being SARCASTIC.

-hd.

15. TXtourplayer

Really?

I know, I was being SARCASTIC too! :D

16. Reachy

Reachy New Member

douchesackbagrocketcatmouse

I know, ehem, Hollywood David purely from watching him on the TV, reading his posts, etc, etc. So I don't know him at all really! However a few months, maybe years, down the line, if I get lucky, I may face him across a blackjack table, so I'm laying the groundwork now for some serious smack talk when/if that happens :D !

Cheers

Reachy

17. douchekitty

douchekitty New Member

LOL sounds like a good plan! =) I have only actually seen him play on tv once before, since I just started playing/watching bj a couple weeks ago... I guess I'm in for a big surprise if I'm at his table and I just need to be prepared for his smack talking lol. Good thing I am able to ignore people... haha.

18. Joep

Joep Active Member

Omg

How did I miss this back in Sept. Rick really thought that Hollywood and I made up Douche-kitty and Stubbs. Talk about ANTI UBT.What a "JOKE"

Joep

19. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Get a life

I dont know why Ken lets you do this crap, bringing something up from almost 7 months back. You posted at 5 thirty am, maybe you are sleepy and getting ready to go fishing. Hope you catch some crabs.:D

20. Joep

Joep Active Member

First off this was the first time I even saw Ricks post, but rest assured my response would have been the same back then as it was yesterday.What time I post,how is that important to this issue.

But remember what ever one says is always quotable 2 days, 2 weeks, 7 months or 7 years later.

When FGK quoted me the other day on a post I wrote over 4 months ago that didn't seem to be an issue to you, so why is this?

Just remember that people still quote Abraham Lincoln from back in 1860 and Jack Kennedy from 1960,do you have a problem with their words being used 147 years later?

Maybe one day if you ever decide to say something of importance we can and would quote you. But after 1016 post we are all still waiting

Joep