All-In goes All Poker

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by LeftNut, Nov 27, 2007.

1. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Anthony Curtis just posted on the LVA site that All-In magazine is going to an all-poker format.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

You just beat my announcement here. Just what we needed... More bad news.

Apparently, the January 2008 issue will be the last to include the blackjack half of the magazine. The current issue, with Hollywood Dave on the cover, is the December 2007.

Thanks to all of you who supported the magazine. I really thought the blackjack portion was top-notch.

3. Maybe this presents a business opportunity for some enterprising blackjack tournament guru/publisher. :rolleyes:

4. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

The blackjack portion of All IN magazine was indeed top-notch, it appears Scrooge came before Christmas this year, Bah, Hum Bug. Perhaps future articles written by Ken Smith, Joe Pane, Kevin Blackwood and yes even Hollywood Dave among others can hopefully become available as a paid E publication. Hint KS.

It's sad for the TBJ community the UBT TOC and All IN's discontinuance of the blackjack section were canceled (TOC postoned?) as tournament BJ players will be hesitant in the future to advance front money for hyped saviors of our passion/hobby.

Not to revive old moans and groans but UBT.com's failure to fulfill their supposed promise of a deposit bonus should have been a "Red Flag" but then again we all hope for a BJ on the final hand.

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

For Whom The Bell Tolls ...

BJ had a short life in ALL-IN. I was just getting into it and learned some from Ken Smith's articles. The other articles were, to me, more fluff and entertainment than educational although I did pick up a few good pointers. With the dismay of many short lived "icons" in the last few months, I just hope TBJ can "pick itself up, brush itself off, and start all over again".

And rookie789, nice epitaph - although a little long. Did you write obituaries before becoming a TBJ junkie?

6. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Toolman,

I'm not sure if my compensation is hourly or paid by word so in the interest of alimony i attempt to cover all bases.

7. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Does this mean the All In points are gone and JoeP goes out #1? For some this will be like losing a good woman, here today gone tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  8. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Ode to BJT

Just imagine if Hamlet were with us. What would Hamlet say about the current state of affairs in the TBJ world?

To be or not to be, that is the question;
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to count chips against a sea of troubles,
    And by opposing, end them. To print or publish;
    No more; and by a sleep to say we end
    The heart-ache and the wonderful monthly columns.
    To print, to sleep; perchance to dream of a million dollar tournament.

Ay, there's the rub,
    For in that sleep what dreams may come,
    When we have shuffled off this Barona fiasco,
    Must give us pause. There's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life,
    For who would bear the whips and scorns of Joep
    Th'oppressor's wrong, the proud man's blackjacks,
    The pangs of stiff hands, the tournaments delay,
    The insolence of UBT, and the spurns
    That patient merit of th'unworthy takes,
    When he himself might his quietus make.

No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others events that we know not of?
    Thus entry fees does make cowards of us all,
    And thus the native hue of resolution
    Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
    And enterprises of great pitch and moment
    With this regard their currents turn awry,
    And lose the name of ALL IN BLACKJACK

Fare thy well

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  9. dreamer

dreamer New Member

Sense of Humor...

Fred:

Glad to see that at least someone out there can keep a "Sense of Humor" even in spite of all of the negatives that have recently transpired regarding our beloved "Tournament Blackjack"...

Let's all remain positive, because I for one think that things will eventually get better!

Make it a "Great Day" all!

Skipper

10. Bi-Kemba

Bi-Kemba Member

Sad, But Not Surprised

I would have to say that after about a few issues the magazine was getting boring. I just didn't see the need to have things in the magazine such as the promotion of Hollywood Dave's books. That's just my take. However, articles such as Ken's every issue was wonderful. In addition, I kept seeing some of the same things that were on television. For instance, with the Ultamate Blackjack Tour episodes. See, I just wouldn't have put a big emphasis on this tour because it just doesn't stand up to The World Series of Blackjack. Again, I am sad overall, yet not surprised because there just wasn't enough excitement in my opinion. I love the game, regardless if there is no fourm, no magazine, etc....Just reading all of these books get me excited. Can't wait until that movie comes out. I have been anticipated it for about a year now and they've been finished the filming of the movie. Just need to do some final editing. God bless you all.....Peace...

11. noman

noman Top Member

Bummer

No ad page revenue. No editorial.

12. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I really don't have the skillset or desire to become a publisher, but all is not lost. An e-publication already exists that features columns by me, Joe Pane, and I think occasionally Blackwood as well. It's Henry Tamburin's BJ Insider.

Click here to subscribe to Blackjack Insider.

13. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Although I subscribe to bjinsider and enjoy the publication, I'll miss the short "double the pleasure, double the fun" experience with the demise of BJ being included in All-In.

14. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Yeah - same content as ALL IN - WITHOUT the photo's. :sad:

15. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I can sent in the photos

I can send in pictures for Henry...LOL

16. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

That's a job best left for fgk42. You know you can't compete with him in this area. :eek: