"All in" magazine at a better price or at least the price told us.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Oct 23, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

"All in" magazine at a better price or at least the price told to us.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ALL IN Magazine

The world's #1 poker magazine brings you expert advice from novice play to calculating the odds. Learn about the game's top players through interviews and features. In each issue you will find book reviews, player rankings, and tournament coverage. - Renewals available.

[​IMG]
    US Subscription
    12 issues
    Cover Price: $59.40
    Member's Price: $17.95
    You Save: 69%

* All prices are in US Dollars.
    * Gift information can be entered on next page.

US Subscription12 issues$17.95 24 issues$35.90

Plus Anthony Curtis on "Be in action" radio show said that all LVA members would get the first three months free and than a one year supcription for 1/2 price around $10.00 for the year.

Now this is an e-mail being sent out by LVA?

ALL IN Poker adds ALL IN Blackjack

ALL IN is two magazines in one, ALL IN Poker and ALL IN Blackjack.

ALL IN poker includes the winning strategies and tips, expert instruction, player profiles, and travel articles that have taken the magazine at the top of the poker pack.

The all new ALL IN Blackjack covers all aspects of the game, from tournaments to cash games. Your favorite blackjack and gambling writers have been added to the roster, with Anthony Curtis, David Matthews, Ken Smith, and many other contributors.

And ALL IN publishes the most complete tournament schedules found anywhere each month.

A one-year subscription to this double magazine is $29.95, or subscribe for two years for only $10 more.

Visit ShopLVA.com to Order your Subscription

Sincerely,
    The Las Vegas Advisor Team

Huntington Press
    3665 S Procyon St
    Las Vegas, NV 89103

What is the correct price and if the last one is the correct price how could the price increase so much so fast?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Magazines always have a variety of prices, with the highest being the magazine equivalent of a hotel's "rack rate". If you go subscribe at the All-In website, you'll pay the same rate that the LVA email quotes: $29.95/12 issues or $39.95/12 issues. I don't know the status of the
    special rate that LVA had previously mentioned, but it could be a victim of the new law. After all, these magazine guys have to be taking a huge cut in revenue from ads.

The site I've been running ads for offers the same subscription for $17.95/12 issues. That's a nice discount, and I assume all is well with it as long as it continues to be posted at the site.

One question: Has anyone received their first issue since subscribing via my link? Magazine subscriptions are notorious for taking forever for processing. I'm just curious about the timeframe. If you subscribed through the $17.95 offer, let us know when, and whether you have received an issue yet.

FWIW, I still haven't received a copy yet, and my subscription is supposed to be comped as a columnist.

UPDATE: The mentioned offer is no longer available. The best price I've been able to find now is here:
    Subscribe to All-In Magazine

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  3. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Price I got

I just subscribed yesterday and it was $29.99, but it wasn't through LVA.

Was on all in mag's site. Shoulda used Ken's link. Must have missed it.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  4. KenSmith

One more thing, if you subscribe through my link, you get the lowest price I've seen anywhere PLUS I get a commission.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  5. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Guess I am too cheap to pay $17.95, I just pick one up when I am at one the poker rooms along with Card Player, Bluff, American Poker, Poker Player and whatever else is availible. And it seems the poker rooms get their copies before the Subscribers do. Besides it would affect my poker play, just looking at the magazine that I paid for and thinking why did I pay for this when I could have picked it up out of the rack.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  6. sabrejack

sabrejack New Member

All In subscription

Ken: I subscribed through your link but I've yet to receive first issue. I probably signed up about 3-4 weeks ago. I did check back at the website on Fri. actually and it has an "account" for me showing that my first issue is set to be mailed in the range of 10/18-22.

I assume others could do the same to see where they are in the projection and I guess for me this means it should start arriving in the next week...

Best-Sabrejack

7. KenSmith

Thanks for the info sabrejack. Let me know if there's any problem.

8. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

FWIW, i don't think All In is offered along with the rest of these magazines for free in b&m card rooms -- i think its a newsstand/subscription/promotional only periodical.

And to be quite honest, i think one of the casualties of this new online gaming ban will be a lot of the smaller 'free' magazines, as paid ads for internet card rooms dries up....

-hd.

9. napodot

napodot New Member

All In Magazine

I subscribed through Ken’s site 4 weeks ago BUT have yet to receive the first issue.

Side note: On October 6, 2006, I went to Gold Strike (Jean) - Jean NV - for their Friday Night Blackjack tourney and the all new ALL IN Blackjack magazine (David Williams cover) was being made available for FREE. So, I got my first issue.:D

I guess there are locations where you can get the ALL IN Blackjack magazine for FREE, just have to keep looking.

10. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Still Waiting

Ken,
    I subscribed though your link 8/16/06 and have yet to receive an issue. I attempted as Saberjack suggested to check my subsciption status but have no username or password the website appears to require. I did receive a Transaction ID and order number when subscribing but those appear of no use to check subscription status.

11. KenSmith

rookie, can you use the 'Email my account information' here:
    http://shoppervalues.com/signin.cfm

See if you can then sign in and get expected delivery information. I'd like to contact them, but more information may be helpful.
    Thanks, -Ken-

12. pokernut

pokernut New Member

I picked one up at the Grand Tunica poker room last week. You are right I talked to Eric Morris owner of Bluff yesterday and he said he knows of atleast 3 that are going under. It won't hurt Bluff as bad since they also distribute in Europe.
    PS: The Gold Striike and the Horseshoe in Tunica also give All In away. Maybe you just hang out in the wrong poker rooms.

13. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Life is Amazing

Ken,
    By some weird coincidence my username and password for Smartek Magazines and BlackjackTournaments.com are identical. My subscription status states I should receive the 1st issue between 10/12 and 11/9 so it's due any day.

14. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I too have subscribed

I tried through Ken's link but it wouldn't let me ship to the UK so I had to do it a different way. Still got the discount price though but I suspect it could take a while for me to get my first copy.

Cheers

Reachy

15. noman

noman Top Member

all-in

tHRASHT was correct many moons ago about LVA. As a member got the first of my three free issues shortly after it came out. See the Ken S. cover is out, but haven't got that yet.

Was waiting to subscribe thru Ken S. link till I got the three issues, so as to avoid duplicates. Everyone knows how mag sub's go. I've registered with that sight, but now with the LVA offer for two years, may just go that route if their software will let me order, which as of Tuesday 6:30am it isn't. May just call.

Reachy: as others posted about mag prices, I'll go out on a limb and suggest the two year LVA offer is GOOD. Works out to the 17.95 a year rate of Ken S.'s link. Only toss up is depriving Ken of the commission.

But, if you like gardening, house decorating and scrapbooking, I'd bet an order to the subscription service on Ken S.'s sight for more than All-IN just might give Ken more of a commission. Decisions. Decisions.

16. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Ken,

Put me down on the list as another who signed up under your link but has yet to get an issue. I subscribed the first week that you posted the link.

No wonder they call it snail mail.

17. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

All IN ?

Me too !!!

18. KenSmith

I guess that since the estimated delivery dates given haven't passed yet, I'll wait until after St Kitts to follow up. Please post if you receive your first issue.

19. Opus21

Opus21 New Member

Processing

I ordered a subscription through Ken's site on 8/20/06.

My order is processing. Estimated delivery date is between 10/15/06-11/12/06.

Since I just became Y2K compliant, I'm not in a hurry:laugh:

20. noman

noman Top Member

Opus?

What dimension are you from?