Almost Stripped Of His Title

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Joep, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Joep

Joep Active Member

Rookie 789 almost lost his title of Rookie today after taking down 2nd place in the Las Vegas Golden Nugget live cash money tournament. He won a cool 10,000 not counting the additional monies that he won in the rounds that he played in.

He also hosted a celebration dinner after the finals and he was gracious enough to not only tell me where it was being held but what time also. Not like some unnamed player :joker: from this site who throws a party but forgets to invite the person the party is for.

2. elyssez

elyssez Member

Honey, you really have to let it go and just move on. Don't worry. There will be other forgotten invites.

3. Joep

Joep Active Member

Oh No

Im trying I'm moving but it takes time .:laugh:

Oh no other missed invites I cant take anymore

Joep

4. elyssez

elyssez Member

I can at least promise no forgotten invites from me. If you should go to Aruba, I'll even add you to my growing list of drinks and dinner on me.

5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Ok

Just as long as I'm ahead of the guy with the open tuna fish cans in his pocket .Don't want to be down wind of him on the line .

Joep

6. elyssez

elyssez Member

You'll have to talk to Noman about that. Those cans of tuna seem pretty special to him.

7. noman

noman Top Member

Rookie

All else aside, congrats to Rookie, in a true mano a mano or mano a womano event. Takes guts as well as all the other skills to play your real money the proper way in a tourney like that.

And no more need be said, but I'm gonna say it anyway, hu rah for him having a celebration and remembering not only who to invite, but actually inviting them. One class Gentleman.

8. instagator

instagator New Member

Rookie

I can't believe you guys are so preoccupied with food....
    Nice job Rook.
    IG

9. noman

noman Top Member

Insty:

Good to see you again:

Now Cheez Whiz, it isn't just about food. It's about survival in Aruba.

Mine was an innocent comment on how I planned to survive without sponsorship or satelite entry.

I don't understand all the criticism over my choice of cuisine. After all...THE BEST ALBACORE, packed in the highest viscosity oil and mercury, canned in....let me look....Monterey, Calif. And the best aged....at the minimum 12-year old twinkiees.

And really my tent is only an eye mask, I'd be willing to share with a pretty one-eyed girl. For then she'd be the one-eye, the one-eye, the one I LOVE.

I guess it's just like my momma used to say, "There's no accounting for some people's lack of taste."

10. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Rookie-less...almost

Sorry I missed it Rook, the free dinner, that is, but I would have been just fine with a bag of Oreo's (Double Stuffed), and a quart of milk.
    Very well done sir, congrats......wait for me next time.

11. elyssez

elyssez Member

Swog-

You're in luck! You haven't missed Noman's feast- it's yet to come. Although, it's beginning to sound more like a Steinback novel vs. Aruba.