An opportunity for the Worldwide Blackjack Tour

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Aug 11, 2005.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Most of you are probably aware by now that a new series of blackjack programs is in the works, created by 1994 World Poker champ Russ Hamilton.

This is the show that was originally to be filmed in Aruba in September. However, there are ongoing changes, including a change of venue to Las Vegas in October.

Also, because of some changes to the format, they are hoping to do a dry run with the production crew in Las Vegas on August 27th. Since not all the participants will be able to attend, they are looking for additional players to participate in the trial-run event.

That means that there is an opportunity for some of you to get some exposure to the production guys, and perhaps get them interested in having you participate in future events.

Here's the deal:
    There's no cost to the players.
    There will be prize money for first and second place, the amounts to be determined but expected to be quite worthwhile.
    A limited number of people will be allowed in, so there's a process to follow.

Anthony Curtis over at Las Vegas Advisor is coordinating the selection process.

He has contact details at his site, at this link:
    http://forums.lasvegasadvisor.com/messageview.cfm?catid=48&threadid=167089

Good luck to everyone who sends in contact info!
    I'd like to see several of you in Vegas.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Worldwide BJ Tour

I just found out it is "Worldwide Blackjack Tour" that Russ is putting on.

GSN still has the name rights to the "World Blackjack Tour", which from my understanding they are still planning to put on.

Reguardless of the name this is a great chance to be seen if you want a shot at getting on one of their future shows.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the correction Tx. I've edited this thread title to reflect the accurate name.

4. TXtourplayer

5. TXtourplayer

No Cash Prizes!

As of now, the prizes for this tournament will be a 1-year lease on a Porsche Boxster for the winner and the same on a BMW convertible for second.

6. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Great News!

This is GREAT news for all of us. I hope I can participate!

sidekick

7. TXtourplayer

Congrat's to all that were invited

I had several players contact me from this site letting me know they were accepted in the Dry-Run practice tournament for the new "Worldwide Blackjack Tour" this next Sat. 27th. in Las Vegas.

Hopefully all of ya'll will get in the real tournaments as soon as they start up.
    Either the end of this year or first of next.