Angelrun5 picks off BJT win @ Firekeepers!

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by LeftNut, Jul 17, 2011.

1. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Deb (a.k.a. Angelrun5) nailed her first live BJT victory at Firekeepers in Battle Creek, MI yesterday! The cash prize itself wasn't terribly impressive but this also earned her one of only 12 seats in the $16,000 finals on July 30. While she has made quite a few final tables in the past, such as Four Winds, Meskwaki, and the Ultimate Blackjack Tour, she hadn't been able to crack the winner's circle until last night. Congratulations, Deb!!!!!!

Her win became reality when she correctly split tens on the final hand, then watched in amazement as BR1 failed to correlate with his own hard 20. She ended up with 19-19, and when the dealer made 18 it was Game Over Bay-bee!
    WOO HOOOOOOOO! :1st: :celebrate

2. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo Member

Hot Damn!! And well played!! I'd have done the same in a heartbeat as that's my favorite move!

Congrats Deb!!:cheers::celebrate

3. mica

mica New Member

Way to go Deb!

Very happy to hear of your well played and deserved win! It was great getting to know u and Leftnut in Vegas...I'll be looking forward to hearing how the final round on July 30 goes. I hope u have plenty of faces to split and aces to top them off. Happy cards! Mica:

4. angelrun5

angelrun5 Member

Thanks

Thank you very much. It was a rush, I would say that would be the word to use.:laugh: The pit boss in charge of the tournament said it was the most exciting final table they had so far.

5. mociferous

mociferous Member

Congrats!

Congratulations, Deb! Now you've tasted victory, there's no stopping you!:eek:

6. S. Yama

S. Yama Active Member

Congrats

Well done Deb,
    I am very happy for you (and for Leftnut, he gets his 10%, right?).
    July will be your month,
    congrats,

S. Yama

7. MrPill

MrPill Active Member

Guess Who's Buying.....

....the first round at St. Ignace in a couple of weeks? Hey wait, she's not on the list of those coming up.

Well any, Congratulations, Deb!!!!!! We will see you next time.
    -Pill

8. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Nope, and nope

No 10% for me but that's OK, very happy that she got that "first win" monkey off her back!

She had no plans to be at Ignace before this happened and now this seals the deal. The final rounds for this BJT series are scheduled during Iggy weekend and that is the only reason I didn't play at Firekeepers.

9. sweet william

sweet william Member

Wtg deb!

keep up the good work!!

10. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Congratulations! Go Get 'em in the final. Sorry we won't see you at St Ignace.

11. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Congrats! I see many more first place finishes in your future!

12. Jonny21

Jonny21 Active Member

Congratulations Deb!

:)

13. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Good job

I'm not surprised by Deb's success. She is one of the most intense tourney players out there.
    Congratulations are in order!

Billy C