Another (simple) bet question.

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by PlayHunter, Feb 9, 2013.

1. PlayHunter

PlayHunter Active Member

Next to last hand. Min/max 100/1000 , surrender allowed , re-split all but aces , double after split allowed. BR1 (3001 chips) act first on this hand and bet 100.

OK, it was already discussed that a BR2 (3000 chips) good bet it is 702. - BUT a bet of 802 would not be better so a BJ for BR2 leave him with a +max bet lead ?

PS: - In comparison with 702, the only drawback I see for BR2 is when he loses his 802 bet and BR1 wins with double, but I think that is a very loooong shot ?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

What is BR2's bankroll?

3. PlayHunter

PlayHunter Active Member

BR2 bankroll 3000 chips, sorry I omitted this detail. Just corrected my first post right now.

And I guess I should post this in the "Tricky bet" thread, sorry for opening a new thread...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  4. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

When forced to go high for the lead, betting more can, of course cover more outcomes or make the effect of winning the bet stronger. In this case, I think that the small increase in BR2's bet from 702 to 802 is worth the reward for almost no additional risk.

PlayHunter likes this.