Anyone else experiencing this?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Billy C, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

For some reason, I've not been able to open the "event calendar" for about a month. It says "Internet Explorer cannot open----Operation aborted" and no reason is given.
    Needless to say it limits my use of the site.

Billy C

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I take it that clearing the cache was no help.

Question: Is the basic calendar display where you see the problem?
    I mean here:
    https://www.blackjacktournaments.com/tournaments/

Can you disable add-ons and see if that helps?
    In IE, Click Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced Tab and then uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions"

Is anyone else having this issue?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  3. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

I'm not totally sure the cache has been cleared but I have no problem opening many other things.
    I must admit to not being very "computer savvy" (it's my age). I will have a friend that's smarter than me give it a try.
    Thanks for the response!

Billy C

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
  4. KenSmith

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  5. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
  6. KenSmith

OK Billy, please give it a try now and let me know if you still have the problem.

7. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

You're good man! Can I ask what you did?

Billy C

8. KenSmith

Awesome news that it is fixed!

Thanks for letting me know you still had an issue. This probably affected a lot of visitors depending on their version of IE.

Simple explanation: I broke something a month ago, and fixed it today!

Complicated explanation: Internet Explorer was giving the "Operation Aborted" message when I was initializing a jQuery datepicker calendar. The script was inside a table and apparently IE doesn't like to manipulate things until the entire table or document is completely loaded.
    Once I knew what was going on, the fix was simple. I now initialize all the datepickers after the whole document is ready by using jQuery's $(document).ready();

9. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Noticed a change

Until now, I didn't realize that the calendar now goes out about 3 months ahead which I feel is a good thing.
    Thanks so much for your help! Didn't realize how much I used the calendar until I couldn't access it.

Billy C

10. KenSmith

You have complete control over the date range using the settings in the left panel of the calendar. There may be only a few items listed for 2011, but you can certainly browse them if you want.

11. BlueLight

BlueLight Active Member

Works fine now.

For about a month I was having trouble with the events calendar also. I would attempt to go to it and get a "This page cannot be displayed" message.
    I went to the local library and used their computers and I could get to the page succesfully and I concluded that my computer, browser, and internet service was outdated (windows 98, USB 1.0, dial up service) and I was beginning to have the same problem at other web sites (bank, brokerage etc).
    However, today, I can now succesfully go to the events calendar using my old computer.

.....................................BlueLight