Aruba, Radisson

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by TXtourplayer, Jun 21, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Does the UBT have a block of rooms for the Aruba tournament this September?

I called earlier today and all the weekends were sold out. Also I was told that they have a 5 day minimum hotel stay at $209.00 per night (this is just weekday rates and special 5 day rates at that).

Having never been to Aruba what other hotels are close to the Radisson I may be able to stay at?

Anyone wanting to go to Aruba contact me and I can get you a 5% discount through American Airlines for the UBT event. From Texas I found a $831.00 fare (before the 5% discount) for a 5 hour 15 minute flight, (there are some cheaper but they take over 21 hours to get there).

Who all from BJT.com are confirmed for the Aruba tournament?

I'm still up in the air about playing, I am sure it will depend on if I get sponsorship or not. I figured I'll be out around $6,500 after all is said in done and that is if my wife doesn't go along with me.

It sure sounds like a blast and I'd love to go, I just need my sponsorship to come through. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  2. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Good question

I'm interested in an answer to this too. I'm looking at going as well and wondering what kind of things UBT has set up for players.

Anyone have any ideas?

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I agree that the sooner these question are answered the better. However, Kenny E said that the entire tour schedule will be announced on his radio show on July 13th. So, that should be the latest date when all will be revealed.

4. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Good package deals for Aruba

Until UBT lets us know all the particulars about the Aruba tournament I won't know if I'll make it or not.

But like any other tournaments, I always check on travel arrangements just in case I can make them. :rolleyes:

I found some really nice package deals for Aruba through Travelocity. The prices for air and hotel for 8 days was as low as $1,147.00, which is over $1,000 cheaper than pricing them separate. :eek:

The only problem is none of the hotels listed are the Radisson and you'll need to find out which one's that are listed are close to the Radisson. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006