Atlantic City Invite

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by BLACKJACK4U, Jan 22, 2007.

1. BLACKJACK4U

BLACKJACK4U New Member

Fgk42 And All,
    On Feb 9-11th There Is $450,000 Bj Invite Which I Don't Know All The Details Yet But You Will Keep Your Highest Score To Advance In The Semi-finals. You Could Play Both Days Feb 9th And 10th And Keep Your Best Score. Top 70 Of Them 2days Advance To Final Round,that Is Top Scores. On Feb 11th Final Round For $250,000 Must Play Round One. Now I Am Getting Confused Here But It Also Goes On To Say Top 63 From Harrah's Caesars, Showboat And Bally's Will Battle It Out For Their Share Of $250,000. Paying Also 2nd 3rd, Etc.
    Blackjack4u
    P.s. If I Get Any More Info Or Go...will Let You All Know..::)

2. Seems like a Repeat of last August's Event

You can find a thread describing the August event here:

http://www.blackjacktournaments.com/bb/showthread.php?t=2063

As far as I can tell from a discussion with my host today, the format is probably the same this time around. I had no problems getting immediately approved for this tournament, but I am a seven stars customer of Harrah's.

3. BLACKJACK4U

BLACKJACK4U New Member

ac tourny

Kelly,
    I am approved also but wanted to know if you got any info on the feb9th-11th toury.. Roughly how many people......etc.
    BLACKJACK4U

4. Speculation about Feb. 9-11 Tournament

Since the tournament is using what they call a ready-set-go format with no scheduled round times, they can accomodate lots of players. Until recently, when any of the Harrah's AC properties ran table game tournaments with this format, it usually resulted in between 300 and 500 players. I still think this is a plausible estimate for how many players will compete at each of the four properties, but I am bothered by a recent 3 card poker tournament that was held at Showboat. The prize fund was the same $30k that is typical for their usual table game tournaments, but it appears that they dramatically lowered their standards for sending out invitations (unclear whether this was intentional on their part or a screw up). When I showed up to play, there was a huge line of players waiting to play, and when I asked about the turnout, I was told that over 800 players had played to that point, so I just walked away without participating.