Barney get rich with the Club

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by zweeky, Dec 1, 2007.

1. zweeky

zweeky Member

Congrats to Barney who finished first in the end-of-month poker tournament at ClubUBT. This is worth $2500.

toonces was also on the final table and he won $750 (fifth place).

2. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

HOLY COW! Barney won that thing??? WAY TO GO!!!!:celebrate
    Big congrats also to toonces! I love hearing this sort of news for our friends here. :D

3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Nice Job guys - congrats. How long did the entire event take?

4. dreamer

dreamer New Member

Blazin Barney...

Barney:

Congrats my friend! You da Man!!

Skipper :celebrate

5. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

Congrats guys!!!

Way to go Barney and toonces! You know whose pockets these winnings are coming out of, don't you? That's one way of sticking it to the man! :laugh:

6. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Thanks guys. The event started at 6:30 pst and ended at about 9:45. I can remember only two breaks. The downside is I wont make Viejas- I drank too much tea during poker and couldnt get to sleep and just woke up. Needed to leave my house by 5:30 am................

7. tgun

tgun Member

congrats

Why to go Barney and Tounces. Hope it's the start of a long run for you guys.

tgun

8. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Too bad - I heard Mace had a UBT shirt for you :laugh:

9. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Now you tell me

Forget the 4000$ and something chopped pot Viejas pays that gift would have been priceless. Maybe even mace could have signed it

THE KING :laugh:

If thats true thanks mace. Ive been trying to get him to get uncle Joey to send me one.

10. leilahay

leilahay Member

He had on a really nice Club shirt and personalized hat at Viejas today. Probably was for you King. Maybe he'll catch a wild card in the am.

11. bjmace

bjmace Member

Did have a clububt hat 4u but hey congrats at the club!
    Barney you could have warned me about this splitting for less crazyness on last hands still trying to find it in the rules lol,

12. toonces

toonces Member

Thanks for the kind words. The tournament was a lot of fun. I noticed that Barney didn't tell you how he knocked me out and became the huge tourney leader.

With 5 players left, both of us (the 2 table leaders) had about 250,000 (him slightly more than I) and he called 10,000 in the cutoff with J6. I rasied to 40,000 with AJ and he and another called. The flop came J63 and you can pretty much guess the rest.

But with such a flat payout structure, I was plenty happy with $750. It more than covered our trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park today. :)

13. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Toonces, I had just knocked out one of the solid chip stacks and taken a good lead in the 300ks. At that point I was in kill mode. My plan was to call all blinds and see all flops with reasonable raises called. But wouldnt you know my great starting cards were pounded and I dropped back to the high 200s but still chip leader. I was still to call all blinds but no off suits. My suited cards (j6) were fine to see a flop after your raise that was low enough to bring two players to the flop. I paid to see the next three cards which actually won the tournament for me. :)

Hope to see you in the 5k today!