Barona January UBT stop

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by sabrejack, Dec 30, 2006.

1. sabrejack

sabrejack New Member

Does anyone have a schedule for this event? No info on playubt.com or Barona site except basic dates...

What is prize structure--I know it is based on $550 buy-in?

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I don't have any further details, but I assume the entry fee is $500 + $50, with the $500 going into the prize pool. I'll be there though.

I'm hoping for a major turnout like their last invitational at Barona, where more than 400 players competed. If that happens, we're looking at a $200K+ prize pool.

3. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Same thing but open too...

Isnt this event a free ride for Barona high roller accounts but also accepting walk ins if they pay the price? So, you should see the same number of players, Barona high rollers and UB invites as before, along with those willing to pay over $500 for a try. Maybe they can draw in an extra hundred non invites. Wonder is there is a cap on the total max?

4. sabrejack

sabrejack New Member

Thanks--and that would be excellent!

I'll also be there to try my luck (and ply my skills, such as they are).
    Look forward to meeting some BJT.com-ers there...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  5. mariad

mariad New Member

San Diego or bust

My wonderful husband has oked a trip to san Diego so here I come! I am a native San Diegan transplanted to the city of sin :( so I am looking forward to a trip home.

6. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

who cares?

The Barona highrollers are having their $500 entry fee added into the prizepool, so who cares if they pay it themselves or not? The money is still there for the taking!

-hd.

7. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Obviously Dave its a real good thing and very much so for you few guys with lots of experience! Do you know if UBT will be turning anyone away beacuse event is to capacity? The event you played in a few weeks ago will be small compared to Jan. Barona is using this to expand high roller accounts and I know lots of people have signed up even after the first free high roll. It will be interesting to see how many walk ups register.

8. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

not sure how many will show up in a few weeks at barona, but the recent event there had 420 entrants so it was no cakewalk. I doubt they'll turn anyone away, but we're expecting roughly the same number. I believe its just a ubt circuit event, so although the prizepool will likely be larger, I don't think there are plans to televise the final table.

hope to see you there!

-hd.