Barona - San Diego car rentals

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by KenSmith, Nov 5, 2007.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

If you're headed to either of the upcoming Barona events, you might be interested in renting a car in San Diego.

I'll be there for 6 days. Looking online the best rate I could find was $196 total. I bid $19 a day at Priceline and got a car from Hertz... Total $149.

2. marichal

marichal Member

ken;

thanks for the heads- up with priceline. i cancelled my current reservation. received a car for $18 per day on priceline. a nice saving!!!!

thanks again!!!

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Cool. Anybody willing to try $17? ;)

4. marichal

marichal Member

ken;

tried 16 & 17. 18 seemed to be the magic #. see you there!!!!

5. angelrun5

angelrun5 Member

Not sure what size car you guys are looking for but I checked this site:

http://www.carrentals.com/

I found car rentals for $15.50 per day. Its a great site for car rentals I have used it often and always gotten the fare offered.

6. toonces

toonces Member

I got $17 for an Economy car from Priceline. I didn't try Car Rentals.com, but once you decide to Priceline, it's too late.

7. toonces

toonces Member

Just a reminder...for those of us that followed Ken's advice and used Priceline for your San Diego trip, it is non-refundable.

8. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Just trying to help

It is hard to fault Ken, he was just trying to help the players find the best prices on rental cars for the Barona trip. He had no control over the events that happened.

9. toonces

toonces Member

You're right. I didn't mean to blame Ken, except in a joking way. Priceline was by far the best deal at the time, and my radar wasn't up that the event had the possibility of being cancelled so close to the date.