Barona UBT Results

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by fgk42, Dec 5, 2006.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

The long and the short of it is that Hollywood Dave placed second at the table! The “final” final table will be filmed in Hollywood where our very own HD gets a shot at 100,000!

Congratulations to Sweeteabird for a good showing also!

With over 400 people in the tourney getting to the end is quite an accomplishment.

Have people just stopped playing in live tourney’s lately or what?

I remember a time when it seemed like many of our members went out there and brought home the bacon. I would hope in this great big world that we can at least have a little slice to “brag” and congratulate each other.

HD you know I like giving you smack at the tables but I gotta give you credit here for a job well done – boy! Keep up the good work so that you’ll have plenty of dough to donate to me online! :laugh:

2. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Have people just stopped playing in live tourney’s lately or what?

I remember a time when it seemed like many of our members went out there and brought home the bacon. I would hope in this great big world that we can at least have a little slice to “brag” and congratulate each other.

"390 players that were invited by Barona and 30 players that were invited by the UBT Tour."

Sometimes you can't play without an invitation

3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Point well take Swog and that was a great discussion topic in the past.

My point was that lately I haven't read about any of our members results in tourney's.

I mean hasn't anyone played lately or is everyone just on a dry streak?

4. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

I know...

I would fricken show up if I was invited to any tourney

Sidekick

5. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Free money is still free money!!!!!!

6. RiverMan

RiverMan New Member

I'm playiing an invitational at Golden Moon in Philadelphia, MS Dec 16th. $10K for 1st.

Only thing I can guarantee is that, if I make the final table, I won't make the same mistake I made in October!:( And that one paid $25K for 1st.:eek:

7. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Thanks for the love! What a crazy rollercoaster that was this weekend... plenty of swings, both good AND bad, but in the end I felt really good about my play. At least two of the rounds had HOT dealers that crippled the table and it came down to a micro-betting dogfight with 10k in chips...

of course, one of the rounds was won by the grace of jennifer tilly's boobs: they were playing a loop of ubt promotional material over & over on the wall near the tables, and as i went to make a $1000 bet, i was caught off guard by a particularly revealing shot of her 'natural attributes' and placed two $5000 chips in the betting circle (instead of 2 $500 ones). Well, needless to say, the bet was binding and i had to watch helplessly as my hard 15 went up against a dealer 5... i waved off, knowing i'd be crippled if the dealer didn't bust! And luckily for me, that's exactly what she did...

Hey, i'll take it any way I can get it... all skill, baby!

-hd.

8. noman

noman Top Member

Well, here, there, or no where.....

....and I don't know if she posts here....but a very regular live tourney player...Nancy Kubasek won the IP tourney this past weekend. Congrats to a long time road warrior.

9. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Very cool! I hadn't heard about Nancy's success! Was she wearing her lucky blue wig? Nice going Nancy!

10. noman

noman Top Member

Nancy in the sky with diamonds.

Sumpin different every day. Each more outstanding and radiant.

11. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Congratulations Nancy

Way to go Nancy, for those that don't know Nancy she was also on the WSOB II. She was the one wearing the blue wig.

Nancy and her partner Neil have been long time tournament players and both very good players along with being very nice people.

Congratulations again on you IP win last week.

12. MartianMadness8

MartianMadness8 Banned User

Nancy Kubasek

Congratulations Nancy... a "lady" like you, makes us gals proud to be women!

13. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Pardon me for jumping in so late here, but I just saw this thread. Congrats to HD for making the show. But, who else did?