Barona

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Barney Stone, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

I was way wrong about the event being filled with invites if what the supervisor told me is true. Top players carrying Diamond cards get 150$ off entry and to have a diamond card must mean you bet high. The floor told me the registration was very slow. So maybe the event isnt going to be at 500 like I guessed and actually likely not. This makes it a better chance for us to make it thru because the number of rounds will be lower. But still a great majority of us havent played live EBJ and the way the dealing program works at bet21 is not and I mean NOT natural so average play there isnt comparable to what we will find in live game. There are a couple of simple things that would help many of us going down there which might prevent us from getting flustered.

Would a UBT affiliate post the rules. They must have a standard rule sheet!

Would a UBT live game player explain the chip stack rules, give us some insight on the chip max values etc.

Would a live game player clearly explain the bet calls. I have read postings on this before. Is it like poker when you raise you call it out etc..

TIA

2. Stubbs

Stubbs New Member

Hey Barney, I'm heading down there myself and was curious. Were you able to regiester over the phone, or are they taking walk ups?

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Chips in preliminary rounds must be stacked in stacks of 10 chips, split by denomination. I think the final table requires stacks of 20 chips.
    Bankrolls are $25,000 in preliminary rounds, with betting from $500 to $25000
    in $500 increments.
    Final table bankroll is $100,000 with betting from $1000 to $100,000 in $1000 increments.

The chip values I think are $250 / $500 / $1000 / $5000 / $25000.

Call bets binding? Probably depends on the gaming law at the venue.

4. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

I don't think they were

If I recall, they were NOT binding at Barona last time. I only remember this because there was discussion about Hollywood saying he wanted his "Secret Double Card" to try to dupe the girl to his left into thinking he was doubling. The topic came up subsequent to that.

I recommend asking the floor before your round to clarify this.