Basic Strategy advice for a Newbie

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by flyers22, Oct 30, 2008.

1. flyers22

flyers22 New Member

Hi i am new to Blackjack tournaments but i really like them and would like to get better but i have no idea what to do. I play online at 7 player sngs. you start with 25k chips and can bet from 500-25k per hand the whole time. i just bet the minimum until i need to pass someone at which point i bet the minimum to overtake them. i do ok but i just started and i do lose a lot and i hate losing. the people who end up winning usually did something retarded like go all in 2 or 3 times in a row on the first 3 hands so i dont think i am missing much but would like some tips from the pros here. ty in advance

~

2. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Welcome To Our World

It sounds like you're playing ClubUBT sit and go's. If that's the case then you've got elimination hands. You're playing a good strategy, but you may want to try one more idea. On elimination hands if you're way behind the chip leaders and think you'll have to make a big catch up bet sooner or later, you can make a big bet do double duty. You bet high enough to beat a max bet by someone who's lower than you. If it wins you survived the elimination and caught the leaders all in one turn.

Your online name indicates you're from Philly. If so then congratulations on your World Series championship.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  3. flyers22

flyers22 New Member

i would make that bet anyway i just wouldnt make it big enough to take the leaders since they will probably keep betting high and drop to my level. ty though i appreciate all help i can get. cant figure this out on my own.