Beau Rivage Update

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Jim P., May 25, 2012.

1. Jim P.

Jim P. Member

Tournament officials announce change in payoff structure starting w/ a baccarat tournament in June. Half cash/half promo for all positions, one through seven @ final table. Prior payoff had cash payout only for half of first place.
    All tournament types are included from what I have been able to gather.
    I was told about this announcement by several fellow players. I did not hear it directly.
    Not sure of duration of this amendment.
    Just a positive heads up...

2. Ash

Ash New Member

Tips on the Play-Once-Only Promo Chip wins

The toke issue has been discussed before, but not on the Play-Once-Only Promo chips.

Say you win $25K cash and $25K in promo chips. The dealers certainly see that as a win of $50K, and expect tokes on that amount. The promo chips are really worth about a third of the nominal amount, or actually what you could get out of them at the tables, which can be considerably less.

Should we tip on the $25K cash, then tip again at the tables as the promo chips are being played, thus converted? Or should just hand over what we believe commensurate for a $50K cash win?

3. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

In my experience tournament dealers can normally redeem promo chips at face value, tipping dealers with promo chips is a win/win for all involved.

4. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

Beau

Maybe someone attending the 50K and 100K BJTs in June will hear or get an update on whether or not the Beau is going to change their payoff to half cash and half table play for the final table.

I received a mailer for a 50K mini-bac tournament of 7/23-7/24 with registration on 7/22. The mailer shows half cash and half table play only for 1st place. It is their normal pay structure for a 50K. see this thread for more particulars on their tournament pay http://www.blackjacktournaments.com/bb/showthread.php?t=7593

Larry

5. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

I got a message yesterday from someone at the 50K tournament. The tournament director announced that they would be paying 1/2 cash and 1/2 table play beginning in August for 1st through 7th. However, there final table normally have 6 players, so I assume the 7th really means 7th-21st.

When they send out the mailers for August tournaments, we will find out.

Larry

6. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

3 card Poker tournament

I just got the mailer for the 50K 3 Card Poker Tournament 8/5-8/7. registration on 8/5, tournament on 8/6-8/7. Positions 1st-6th are 1/2 cash 1/2 tableplay, so I guess this will be their 1st tournament where the final table has 1/2 cash for all positions. 7th-21st are not mentioned so I do not know what they are doing for those.

Larry

7. Drbass

Drbass Member

Beau BJ Tournament Calendar Date Correction

The Tournament Calendar currently lists the Beau 100K BJ tournament as beginning on August 24. This tournament is a poker tournament. The BJ tournament is scheduled to begin on Sept 9.

8. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

I just called them and the 24th is the correct date.

Larry

9. Drbass

Drbass Member

Who has the correct info?

The information I posted was based on a call today to the Beau too. Obviously, there is some confusion. Can someone (maybe Ken) get to the bottom of this?

10. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I will be in there tomorrow and I'll find out whether this may be two different events.
    Like Larry, I received an invitation to a $100K BJT on Aug 23-25.

11. KenSmith

Best intentions, blah blah blah. I forgot to ask about this while at the Beau Rivage today.

So, back to what I do know. I have a printed invitation for a $100K BJT held August 23-25.

12. Drbass

Drbass Member

Still confused

Sorry, Ken, that you weren't able to resolve this.

I have a printed invitation from the Beau to a poker tournament on Aug 24 and a BJ tournament beginning on Sept 9. When we tried to register for the Aug 24 BJ tournament (That I read about on this site) by phone the Beau rep said the Aug 24 tournament was Poker - and the BJ tournament was on Sept 9. Hoping Larry apparently called the same day and got different information. Still hoping to find out the truth. ????

13. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

8/24 Beau BJT

I made reservation for the BJT on 8/24 today. I asked them if it was open to the public and they told me that it was not. They may change their mind later, but at least for the present you must have received an invitation. Also there is nothing in the rules for table play promo chips for 7th-21th place.

Larry

14. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

I wish Beau went ahead and gave half cash/chips for ALL their tourneys... I got 2nd in the $50K they had in Nov. and of my $15K CHIPS I got only about a 3rd in real money!!! Sad!

15. KenSmith

Mystery solved.
    The $100K event in August is invitational, as mentioned by Larry above.
    The September 9th event is the usual $50K event, which I just posted to the calendar here:
    https://www.blackjacktournaments.com/oldtourn/viewtourn.php?infoID=2120

I left the entry fee "unknown", because I seem to recall that they were raising the non-comped price of these events from $50 to $100. If anyone knows for sure, edit the event to fill it in.

The invitation for the event does show the new prize structure which is half cash / half promo chips all the way down. Also of note, the invite shows the early bird drawings are now for five winners of $500 promo chips. IIRC, the small events previously had $100 promo chip winners instead, while the larger events had $500 prizes.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  16. BughouseMaster

Ken are you gonna play in that event? Do you ever play in Beau tourneys? It'd be awesome to meet a BJ legend!!! Used some of your techniques to do very well in past tourneys.... you are really THE MAN ! :)

17. KenSmith

I do play the Beau events occasionally, usually the bigger ones. I haven't decided for sure yet on these two, but unless I have a schedule conflict with a better opportunity, I'll probably be there.

Please introduce yourself if you see me!

18. BughouseMaster

Ken just tried sending you a PM but it wouldn't let me.... can you send me a msg?

Did you play in the Jack Daniels this year the past years? If so how did you do? I got a comped entry to last years but this years I didn't... Wanted to ask your opinion on how much to earn in an accumulation tourney with $2k start-out and top 36 go to semis? (2 rounds b4 semis)

19. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Just asking......

Isn't the Beau the place which was reported to be intentionally misinterpreting player's hand signals to bust out the cash entrants in favor of their preferred customers?

20. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

I do not believe the Beau does anything intentionally to hurt or help preferred players in their BJ tournaments.

They do have a strict policy on hand signals which they mention multiple times before a round starts. "If you point at your hand when it is your turn you will get a card". Does not matter whether you have a BJ, pair, 11 or whatever. Does not matter if at the same time you say pay me or how much do I have out there? (with the assumption that you are going to double or split).

Usually this rule will hurt whomever, but I have seen cases where it has helped people.

I have played in 4 or 5 BJ tournaments there in the last 18 months and they are consistent in enforcing this rule, no matter who the player is.

Just remember to not point at your cards if you do not want a card.

Larry