Bet21

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by MammaB, Jul 20, 2007.

1. MammaB

MammaB New Member

Does anyone know why they are not hosting a 25,000 satellite this month? I am so disappointed.

Beth

2. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

Beth,

The $25k monthly tournament was costing bet21.com a ton of money. If I remember correctly, there were 79 players in the June event. At a full entry fee of $215 for all 79 players, that would yield $16,985. The site would have lost $8,000 on the tournament. But it was even worse for them. About 40 - 50 of the players were in the tournament because they won a ($5, $10 or $20) satellite event. Most of these satellite events cost bet21.com additional funds. I saw numerous events in which there was only about $125 of entry fees, and the site gave away a $215 prize. So with bet21 losing from $8,000 to $11,000 on this event, it makes no sense to have another one...especially since there have been fewer and fewer players each month since the first $25k tournament earlier in the year.

3. MammaB

MammaB New Member

Ted,
    Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the fact that they must be losing money, although I never thought about it, I did in fact receive my entry that evening.

Thanx again,

Beth