Big Fight

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by ANDY 956, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

I fancy having a bet on Manchester’s Ricky Hatton to beat Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas this weekend. I don’t want my judgement being clouded because Ricky is my local boy, so how is he being rated over there?

Boxing legend Bernard Hopkins has tipped Hatton to win and there is also a rumour going around that Mayweather could have an injured hand.

Any comments before I put my money on Ricky.

Andy

2. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Andy

While I don't usually follow boxing that much I believe, and God knows I may be wrong, but I thought there was an article by Fuzick??? in ALL IN regarding this boxing match - I'll check my back issues regarding it and see...

I do know this from listening to the local sports radio that Floyd Mayweather is considered a top notch boxer

On a side note (lighter) I heard a rumor that there was going to be a preliminary "warm up" fight. From what I read it was going to feature a young woman versus a seasoned BJ pro regarding bragging rights about a tourney at the palms :lol.

At that point she was favored 6:5 :joker:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  3. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Let me guess

Let me guess, when the boy was licked he claimed he was "blind sided"
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Uhhhhh, no, he was Blonde-Sided!

5. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Smart money

Andy from what I heard the smart money is laying off this fight. Although I heard most people want Ricky Hatton to win, just because Mayweather is so cocky.

All the rules seem to favor Mayweather, including using a bigger ring and he is a lot faster then Hatton. This type of boxer seems to give Hatten problems and so far no one he has fought has been as fast as Mayweather.

Hatten has a chance, but he needs to come off the ropes to do so and not let Mayweather move around alot on him.

After watching an HBO speical tonight on this fight, I'd like to see Hatton win. He hasn't let Mayweather's big mouth get to him and so far showing a lot more class then Mayweather leading up to the fight tomorrow night.

I didn't hear anything about Mayweathers hand being hurt, so that may be just a rumor.

6. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Viscera

Hatton just needs to keep pounding away with the body shots. Mayweather hasn't fought anybody that can pound away at his liver like Ricky can.

Cheers

Reachy

7. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Stay off it Andy!

The great thing about this site is that when you ask a question you get an answer even if it is not really what you want to here.

Given all the hype over here I really did fancy a decent bet on Ricky Hatton believing it was money in the bank. None of the Americans on the site come out and appear to rate our Ricky so I start to think.

Txtourplayer sends me a post that basically says that I should stay off this fight. I had also emailed Joep for the Las Vegas news (forgetting he was playing in a BJ Tournament) and he still replies to warn me off betting large on Hatton.

Disappointed I take their advice and decide not to stick my wad on the fight.

Off course it turned out to be a good decision.

Andy

8. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

You Brits drank the MGM Grand dry of beer that night!
    Read more in today's Question of the Day at Las Vegas Advisor.

Note: This link will only work today Monday Dec 17th, after which the question will be replaced.

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/qod.cfm

9. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Binge

I've heard some stories about the Brits in LV for Hatton-Mayweather and unfortunately they reflect the typical behaviour in many of our towns and cities after the pubs and clubs have kicked out on the weekend i.e violence and vandalism. The English Disease.....

Sorry guys.

Cheers

Reachy

10. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Oh right, the black-eye guy apologizing for his countrymen. Sure.
    :D

11. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Hooligans

Got to agree with Reachy, the press over here described the behaviour of some of the so-called British boxing fans as disgraceful.

Reachy describes the vandalism and violence at the MGM as an English disease. You are wrong Reachy; it is a city of Manchester boxing disease that has started to spread to the rest of the country.

Author Peter Walsh describes in his best selling book how boxing was hijacked by gangsters and football hooligans in “Gang War” The Inside Story Of Manchester Gangs.

Unfortunately these morons have the money to go over to Las Vegas and stir up trouble in their pathetic attempt to support a Manchester fighter. I don’t believe the same problems would have occurred with another boxer from Britain.

I come from Manchester UK and the headlines were an embarrassment to a great City.

It’s not Ricky Hatton’s fault but he does seem to attract a dick head fan base.

Andy :(