BJ Tourn at Biloxi Isle of capri up and running

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by chash11, Feb 28, 2007.

1. chash11

chash11 New Member

Attended the opening night at the Isle. Without much advertising there were 126 entries at $30 a pop. This was a very small overlay to the $4000 Guarantee.I'm sure management was pleased with the turnout. They also offered wild card entries into the semi finals and one drawing for the 7th seat at the final table.Top money advanced at the 7 seat prelim. rounds with top two advancing in the semi final round. Notice I said attended "dam those stiffs"

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  2. That they are playing is good to hear. That you got a string of stiffs is not. I will be down there in 3 weeks. What night do they play?

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  4. chash11

chash11 New Member

The next tournament will be held March 14th and will be ongoing every other wednesday here after EX: march 28th

5. Jim P.

Jim P. Member

3 to 5

I overheard one of the pit personnel explaining to a player that the registration for the next tournament would start at 3 p.m.. This is not official so call first. Just trying to save someone the hour. I also was approached by one of the staff and was asked about my opinion re: suggestions to make the tournament better. I responded by voicing my disdain for the chip trays they insist we use. They still have the built in drink holders and ashtrays on the tables, along w/ the half-round groove to put your checks in. In the past they have caught people hiding checks in the drink holders, etc.. W/ this said there is plenty of felt to stack your checks vertically as we do in every tournament I have ever played in. I also mentioned the importance of asking for insurance individually from the dealer button. He was open to dialog and the input was appreciated. Let them know what you think.
    I was also told you could sign up for the next event while the current tournament is in session. Convenient .....Yes!
    It is possible this tournament could go weekly if attendance stays consistent. I was told they would review this at the end of April, first of May.
    Glad to have a no-nonsense blackjack tournament in Biloxi and it was great to see old friends again!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007