Blackjack chatroom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by ptaylorcpa, Sep 19, 2006.

?

Are you interested in reviving the BJT Chat Room?

1. Yes, bring back Chat

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, not interested

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Ken or anyone else knowledgeable about chat. Would someone take the initiative to set up a chatroom for BJT players so that if you wanted to join in while playing online it would be available? Chat is one nice feature of GP when playing in a tournament. Having a BJT chatroom available would be nice so when you are playing in a tournament online you can find others playing too and watch them, or if some hot news needs to be distributed quickly about an opportunity online that it could be shared.

There is a chat feature in this website, but I have never found anyone there. Something similar to GP's would be good since you can open it in the background while playing.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Actually, with the small redesign of the layout here in the message board, I removed the only remaining link to the BJT Chat Room.

It never got any visits, and I hadn't checked in on it in months myself.
    I suspect this won't take off since the chat room can't be attached to the tournament software itself, but I've added a poll anyway.

3. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

I was thinking more of something like IRC (I think that is the one that GP uses). I don't remember how your chat worked, but I don't recall it being as "clean" in a browser.

I thought all you had to do in IRC was set up some room which could be public or private and it was handled by an administrator.

That's about all the technical stuff I know about it.

Anyway, it would be nice to know you could go someplace and find others online who might be in the same tourney as you or playing somewhere so you could join them in a S&G.

4. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Irc

Okay, I thought we could try something out. If you go to http://www.mirc.com you can find a shareware program to get into the world wide web chat world. It is an easy program to download and install. You get a 30 day free trial and the cost to buy is $20, which gives you a lifetime license.

I set up #blackjacktournaments as our chatroom. It should be up and running 24/7. It looks and runs just like Global Player's chat.

Hopefully it will provide some place to hang out while online playing at one of the blackjack sites.

Post feedback here or send me a PM.

Pat