BlackJack NEWB

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by forgot2wipe, Oct 29, 2006.

1. forgot2wipe

forgot2wipe New Member

Brand-spankin' new member here...
    I just discovered the BlackJack qualifiers @ UltimateBet today and suddenly I could care less about playing my usual HoldEm tournies. These have been a nice change of pace for me, but now I want more.
    I see the same site-names throughout the forum here... Bet21, Golden Palace, Get21, BlackJack21, and PlayUBT..? Is it safe to assume all of these have free-qualifiers, allowing me to learn this game without going broke? Are there any other popular BlackJack sites I haven't listed here? Is there anything I should know before installing any of these?

Should I give up on BlackJack NOW before it's too late... and take up Chutes & Ladders, Checkers, or something less stressful?

Any newbie-advice or site-recomendations would be appreciated here. Thank you.

2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

You're here!

This is by far the best site on tournament bj there is. Period!

As for sites to play, well, global-player.com was the first and still has a cult following. You will get to play all the greats and find the chat most friendly and informative but that tends to be a key times during the day and week. Check their website for the Wednesday tourney and the new Monday tourneys. Next came blackjack21.com, a browser based site. The games run smoothly but there is a very small player pool.

Then after a lot of hype came ultimatebet.com, bet21.com/net and playubt.com. These are all the new style elimination style blackjack sites and you have already played at ub. Bet21 is a skin of UB and playubt has the same interface but it's own player pool.re

Golden Palace and get21 have the same player pools but get21 says it will have different tourneys in the future. These are only about a week or so old so we need to see what happens with them.

All of these sites offer free games apart from Global Player. Other than those already mentioned these sites offer the more traditional TBJ structure i.e. nobody gets eliminated until the last hand unless they bust out.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Reachy

3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Welcome to the world of tournament BJ (TBJ).

Recommendations:

1. Take every I saw with a huge chunk of salt - I kid around a lot
    2. Read Wong's book on tournament BJ - great foundation information
    3. Read the Tornament tip/strategy threads - excellent posts from lots of very experienced members
    4. Practice/practice/practice.

My personal recommendations:
    1. Bet21.com/.net - they have free games available and you'll get used to the elimination format
    2. playubt.com - they have freerolls every 4 hours. You need to win a sit-n-go (SNG) first for a TEC (tourney entry chip) before they let you play in the tourney's. Be careful not to develop too many bad habits there!

That's it from me - enjoy, have fun, stay tuned! :D

4. happybunnytrix

happybunnytrix New Member

YOU......Kid around alot, FGK???.....Really???;)

5. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Lowest form of humour

Highest form of wit. Sarcasm that is. Or is it the other way round?

Cheers

Reachy

6. noman

noman Top Member

Sir Reachy:

Punny! I thought puns were.