Blackjacks

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Schultzy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

There was no strategy involved with this, but I am curious as to what other players have experienced. I was playing a round a week ago, it was a two-deck pitch, 25 hand tourney. I had EIGHT blackjacks and the round was over by hand 21. We all have those days when we can do nothing wrong and I went on and won two more rounds and finished first. Anyone else ever see that many blackjacks in a round?

2. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

I played against a dealer who dealt herself 4 bj's in a row. I don't remember if she received any more for the rest of the round.

3. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

My very first BJT was a 3 day accumulation tourney all days added up. BJ paid 3:1. I was playing my standard table game thru the first 2 days and was up 3 starting BR on day 3 to 2nd place. My dad was playing and donked out first day and did OK 2nd day. As we rode the elevator down to play I told him he needed to bet 500max every hand. He pulled 6 BJs in 28 hands and destroyed me to 2nd place by thousands and I mean thousands of dollars. He never stopped betting 500 and ended up getting BJs or dbls on a half of his hands.

4. maxwell

maxwell Member

oh yes

BEST I HAD WAS 4 BLACKJACKS IN ROW-WHEN YOU CAN DO NO WRONG WHAT A FEELING FOR A TREMENDOUS RUN OF CARDS-ONE TIME I RAN A 200 DOLLAR BUY IN INTO 6 GRAND AND QUIT BECAUSE I WAS TIRED- IT CAN BE MENTALLY DRAINING BUT WHAT FUN- I COULD HAVE PROBABLY RAN THE CARDS FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME BUT WHAT THE HELL I NEEDED THE MONEY AND IT WAS TIME TO GO:celebrate :celebrate :band:
    BACK TO YOUR QUESTION THAT IS A LOT OF BLACKJACKS IN ONE ROUND DO NOT THINK I HAVE SEEN THAT BEFORE

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Wow Schultzy! 8 blackjacks in 21 hands. I don't recall ever seeing a run like that. Amazing.

6. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

bjs

in a tourney at the Avi in Laughlin - I saw a player get 5 blackjacks in seven hands - all with max or half-max bets out - he won his other two bets in this sequence as well - that's the best I have personally seen

probability of gettinbg 8 or more bj in 21 hands is 0.000001435 or about once every 700,000 tables

7. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Probably Improbable

That's roughly the same odds as getting dealt a natural royal on a VP machine, 640,000:1, like I did at the Aladdin last summer... :D

It's shocking when we witness those million to one events. But when you consider how many of hundreds and thousands of mundane events we witness every day, it shouldn't be that surprising to get the occassional freak accident.

8. creeping panther

creeping panther Banned User

Schultzy

Are you sure you were not employing your skilled card steering techniques? :)

I have come to realize through the years that anything can and will happen in the game of BJ, especially when employing skilled head on AP play.

Monkeysystem, congrats on that Royal! Hope to see you again in March.

Schultzy, I have no idea about the most I have had in one weekend of play but I have had some great runs over the years. I predict you will have many more over your playing career.

Creeping Panther

9. Venture

Venture Member

The other night, I had three blackjacks in six hands. I can't recall ever having more than that in an entire tournament round. In shoe games anything can happen. In a DD game, 8 blackjacks is off the chart.

10. tgun

tgun Member

what's the stratergy?

play 22 hands, if no BJ, its not your night!

tgun

11. acemachine

acemachine New Member

many years ago at the now demolished Hacienda (now Mandalay Bay)
    BJ tournament, I started with 3 blackjacks in a row for the minimum
    bet. I heard the observers comment "he'll never win, he is afraid to bet".
    Some of my friends were watching and told them I had just won the last
    2 tournaments there. It's not how you start but how you finish that
    counts.

12. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Helpful Dealer

I just played a 15-round table at which the dealer received 5 BJs in the first 8 rounds (in rounds 1,2,4,7,and 8, to be precise). A good time to be an adherent of Wong. :)