Bonus dollars-Bet21 points : Clarification Please?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Archie, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Archie

Archie New Member

E-mail exchange with Bet21 Customer support about this question. All personal info has been XXXX :

"Here is a quote just seen on your site (November 7th) wiith the mention « subject to change ».

"You can convert bonus dollars by playing in Elimination Blackjack™ and poker tournaments and Sit 'n' Gos. Bonus dollars will be converted to real money for play on the site at the rate of $1 for every 30 Bet21 points you earn at our Elimination Blackjack and poker tournaments and Sit 'n' Gos. Bonus dollars will be converted to real money for play on the site at the rate $1 per every ten Bet21 points you earn at our Raked Poker Ring Games tables."

Don't you find this confusing and contradictory, to say the least?

When I joined a month ago, these words led me to believe that I would be getting Bet21points and Bonus dollars for playing real money games, be they tournaments or SnGo’s, which explains my first e-mail to CS concerning this matter, and I quote :

« I’ve played more than 120 EB games since I joined last month and have yet to see Bonus dollars converted or Bet21 points at EB. What's going on? »

----- Original Message -----
    To: xxxxxx
    Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2006 2:12 PM
    Subject: RE:Re: RE:Customer Support Form Submission [#4894977]

Ø
    Dear xxxx ,

Thank you for your kind reply.

We are truly sorry about the inconvenience, however, the black jack events currently do not apply for the bonus dollars conversion, since the implementation of this game has been kind of recent.

However, rest assured that your thoughts will be taken into consideration whenever setting up future versions of our game.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and strongly encourage your to keep sending us your ideas or whatever critiques you may have since they help us provide you all with the best online poker experience in the market.

Please be checking our site for further upgrades regarding this matter.

About your question, regarding the "Play to Win" book, we will forward your e-mail directly to the appropriate department. Someone will be in touch with you shortly with an appropriate answer.

Always at your service,

xxxxxx
    Customer Service Department

--Original Message--
    Ø Date: 11/04/06
    To: memberservices@bet21.com
    Subject: Re: RE:Customer Support Form Submission [#4894977]

In simpler terms, if I don't play poker and keep playing EB (real money SnG and Tournaments) I won't accumulate Bet.21 points and my Bonus dollars are for nought. Why don't you just come out and say so in clear and plain language in your promotion (something short, like "*Poker only", would do just fine for the simple minds like me).

Still a great site. Love the games, the tournaments and the competition and hope the best for the future of Elimination Blackjack.

Maybe I'll try my hand at Texas hold'em one of these days. My first and
    only try a few weeks ago led to a quick exit (I findthe software fast and
    confusing the first time around). I'll stick to EB for the time being.

Talking of promotions, when will I get Play to Win. I joined around
    October7th expecting to get the book automatically. Was there a fine line
    somewhere that I did not read? If so, I'll just be 0-2 in the promo gizzmo
    game. No big deal.

Thank you for all your help in clearing up things
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: xxxxxxx
    Ø Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2006 7:07 AM
    Subject: RE:Customer Support Form Submission [#4894977]

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your bonus dollars balance will display in the "My Account" section of
    UltimateBet. You will see this balance decrease as you play at real money
    raked tables or when you register at our real money scheduled tournaments and/or real money Sit and Go tourneys.

However they will not convert by playing in Elimination Blackjack tables.

Bonus dollars are automatically converted into real money based on points earned while playing at our RAKED REAL MONEY TABLES ($.02/.04 or higher stakes).

For example, when you leave one of these tables you will be:

1) Credited 10 ultimate points.
    2) Debited 1 bonus dollar.
    3) Credited 1 real dollar.

Bonus dollars can also be earned back in increments of less than $1. So if
    you earn 8 points during a play session, your real money account will be
    credited with $.80 from your pending bonus dollars account.

Furthermore, for every 30 Ultimate Points you earn when you register at
    our REAL MONEY Sit 'n Gos and/or REAL MONEY Scheduled Tournaments your account will be credited with $1 from your pending bonus dollars.

Points earned playing at the playchip or Ultimate Point tables do not
    count towards this bonus dollar conversion.

If we can assist you in any other matter, please letus know.

Best regards,

xxx
    Customer Service Department

--Original Message--
    Date: 11/04/06
    To: memberservices@bet21.com
    Subject: Customer Support Form Submission[#4894977]

Customer Information
    Account Name : xxxx
    Ø Real Name : xxxxxxxx
    Comments : I’ve played more than 120 EB games since I joined last month and have yet to see Bonus dollars converted or Bet21 points at EB. What's going on?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  2. anders123

anders123 New Member

I think the book promo is a scam! Have not got the book yet and I signed up like a month ago or so. I've dropped 4 mails so far and allways get the answer "we will forward it to the right department bla bla bullshit". Anyone here recieved the book yet?

3. Archie

Archie New Member

Same answer too in my case about the book.

The good news is that they sent me their revised official udated policy about Bonus dollars in plain language (I just got an e-mail from CS answering my last query. It reads like this

"We kindly invite you to review the following address:

http://www.bet21.com/bet21-support.aspx

Here, please select "Bonus Dollars" from the "Choose a common search term" drop down menu.

Here, you will find the following statement:

"You can convert Bonus Dollars into real money just by playing poker on our site. For every ten Bet21Points you earn at our raked poker ring game tables, your account will be credited $1 from your Bonus Dollars, which you can then play or withdraw.

Blackjack Bonus Dollars are coming soon."

Please check our website regularly for updates."

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  4. selecticom

selecticom New Member

Yes, I did. But don't expect too much of it - it is quite a beginner's book and won't help anybody here very much.

5. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

We have been hearing about this bonus dollar promotion problem for quite some time now...I think we have been more than fair and patient waiting for an answer and better still for them to start honoring the promise they made when I signed up for that promo...

Perhaps they have to write some serious code to make this work...again understandable...we are patient and fair....BUT...how hard is it to put up a noticeable ad that explains that Blackjack is not included...???

Since day one the promo mentioned that BJ was included...yet that never could have been the case...unless you are speaking of intentions ...the world is full of good intentions...You should not tell your customers one thing and then never deliver on that promise...

The fact that I can now hunt to some obscure page and find an explanation that BJ is not curently included is laughable...HOW about droping the promotion until you figure the blankin thing out????

The correspondence shown here mirrors the kind of reply I often got...ringed games, poker, sit and goes....IM PLAYING BLACKJACK!!!!

I should have tons of qualifying play by now....but they dont feel the need to bother...

And no one is holding their feet to the fire on almost any matter...so they are just saying fu^* it!!!

Guess you cant blame them then right???