Bring the Cheese, I have the whine!

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by TXtourplayer, Mar 31, 2005.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

We all know that blackjack tournament players don't whine about their losses in a round...LOL. But I do have a hard luck story from my Stardust trip this week.

Since my first tournament at the Stardust back in 1997 I have never been picked as a wild card there. As luck would have it that streak was broken today, but that would be the last of my luck.

After falling behind to some very aggessive players I was force to make max. bets for the last 12 hands on the round (30 hands total, $300 max bets, LIVE Money).

Here are eight of my last 12 hands, 3 - 19's, 2 - 20's, 1 - DD 20 ($600), 1 - DD 21 ($600), 1 - blackjack ($450). If I had won them all = $3,150 + the other $1,000 I was up. Now for the bad news, every hand I just mentioned, I pushed with the dealer.

After all that I still had a chance to win by DD the last hand. I had a hard 14 and caught a picture to bust. Hell with with the whine, I need a hard drink....LOL.

I am sending Ken the final five hands for the Stardust.

Congrat's to easttexaspro for his 2nd place ($15,000) at the Stardust this week.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  2. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Whine on!

TX:
    sorry to hear about your bad luck. By the way, how many attended the tournament and what was the prize structure? :confused: :confused:
    Thanks.

3. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

'Dust Tourney Detail

156 entrants (orignial prize structure based on 180). First thru Sixth were 40K, 15K, 10K, 6K, 4K, and 2K. Semi-finalists who did not advance received $300.

Basis was 125 entrants a@ $350, 31 @ $375 and an estimiated 100 rebuys @$175 to total $72,875. 'Dust contributed $12,125 for a prize pool of $85,000.

Chips

4. Opus21

Opus21 New Member

Whine and 4 Roses

Dang!!!!, Rick:

After those bad beat(s), I'll never whine again (at least not for a week).

That scenario has driven ME to drink. I just wanted to
    thank you for the opportunity.

LOL

5. PhillyPhlash

PhillyPhlash New Member

Stardust Attendance

I telephoned the Stardust about 10 days before the tournament and requested they sign me up for the tournament. They refused unless, in addition to the $375 entry-fee, I also stayed at the 'dust for 3 nights at $75/nt. $600 seemed too high a price for the possibility of winning $40K, so I declined the offer.
    Whatever happened to the good old days when the Stardust was customer friendly and offered real value in their tournaments?

6. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Contact me next time

Philly next time you want to play the Stardust contact me and I'll call and try to get you in without all that BS!

Speaking of BS, I was leaving on the red-eye last night. So while waiting to checkout a little old lady I had meet on this trip was up at the counter trying to get a room for the night. She was told the hotel was sold out. After hearing to problem I stepped up and offered her my "Comp" room since I was leaving.

No big deal right? Wrong, the BITC- at the front counter refused to let her have my room for free and ended up charging her (what they said was players rates $75 during the week).

I know several players have complants about the Stardust, but this was the first time they had ever made me mad. Their excuse was that I would have to be responable for the damages she may cause that night and they couldn't allow it. The lady was in her 80's walking with a cane, how much damage could she do...LOL. The cheap SOB's