Can you win by $3 dollars ?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Joep2, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Joep2

Joep2 Banned User

This is a tournament teaser that may turn into a tournament tip.

So here is the teaser

Format minum bet 10

Maximum Bet 300

Betting increments of 5 dollars

example 15 or 25, 35

No surrender and blackjack pays 3 to 2

Here is the question

Is it possible to win your round by $ 3 dollars ?

Joep2

2. tirle_bj

tirle_bj Member

Insurance for less

With bet of $10 or more losing the Insurance bet for $3 (if acceptable) will make that difference.

3. Joep2

Joep2 Banned User

Insurance

Insurance bets are also in 5 dollar increments only. Sorry that is not the correct solution .

Joep2

4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Since Joe didn't mention it, I'll add that there are no $2.50 chips on the table, nor are there 50c pieces.

5. gflan

gflan New Member

More questions

Joe/Ken, there are no $2.50 chips on the table as part of the solution, or there are no $2.50 or .50 chips to be paid with at all on the table?

If there are no chips to be paid with at all...

my answer is Player A has $45 bets all-in and wins for $90

Player B is all-in with $35 bet and gets blackjack and is paid $87 instead of $87.50

Player A wins by $3

6. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

Blackjack Payout

I have played some places where a $15 blackjack would pay $23 instead of $22.50 when no 50 cent or $2.50 pieces were available.

What would a $15 BJ pay in this tourney?

Dan

7. Joep2

Joep2 Banned User

Rounded Up

A 15 Blackjack would pay 23 dollars in this tournament .So Mr .Dan Mayo you were right on target with your question. Ms. Gfan rounder down instead of up but was close indeed to the solution to this teaser.

So the teaser that was to turn into a tip is

When playing at a tournament that rounds up on blackjacks payouts instead of down, its always to your advantage to bet the extra 5 dollars on you bet.

I won my first round at the Imperial Place on Saturday by 3 dollars

I was told that someone in the 2nd round won their table by 1 dollar I didn't see that but as you can see there is a small advantage to betting the extra 5 . Hope you enjoyed this brain teaser/tournament tip .

p.s. I didn't mention the lack of 2.50 chips or 50 cent pieces as that was the main part of the puzzle

Joep2

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006