CBS Schedule problems!

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by KenSmith, Sep 14, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I just discovered that some CBS affiliate stations are scheduled to preempt the network programming time slot where Ultimate Blackjack Tour airs.

Being slotted into a football Saturday is wreaking havoc, at least in my area.

The Hattiesburg CBS affiliate WHLT will be airing the Arkansas at Vanderbilt football game instead.

In New Orleans, CBS affiliate WWL channel 4 is airing the Cincinnati at Ohio State game.

You can check your area listings to determine your situation here:
    http://www.titantv.com
    The time is 2 PM Eastern on Saturday Sept 16th.

Personally, this doesn't affect my ability to watch, because I get CBS out of New York City on DirecTV.

But boy does this suck!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  2. The GameMaster

The GameMaster New Member

Howdy, Ken.

It's at least scheduled here in the St. Louis market - whether or not they'll actually show it remains to be seen, but I've got it set up on my Tivo at this point.

The "St. Louis Mafia" will hopefully be able to tune in.

GM

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Same here

Same situation as Gamemaster has, it is scheduled here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth market. I hope we get to see it this weekend.

4. gflan

gflan New Member

It's at least on my schedule

But since I live in NW Arkansas...if Ken is going to see Arkansas vs. Vanderbilt, I guess I will be too :(. I've set up a Season Pass on Tivo and I have my fingers crossed they will air it at another time if they pre-empt it here.

5. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

The football game is carried on the Fox affiliate here, so CBS is supposed to carry the UBT. Should be a good timeslot right before the ballgame between Auburn and LSU.

6. napodot

napodot New Member

Ubt @ Cbs

In the Los Angeles area, CBS has Ultimate Blackjack Tour scheduled at 1100 am prior to the Auburn/LSU College Football game.

7. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Seattle Area

UBT at 11am on CBS followed by Auburn/LSU. TiVo is set to record whole season of UBT. Oh Yeah

8. noman

noman Top Member

UBT Showing:

God knows how sorry I am, in many regards. But, Juneau, I'mm really getting tired of being disconnected in the middle of a tourney and not being able to get back in, so I really don't give a rat's about what time or if the event shows on tv. Well, I do, but, damn it UBT guys! Enough others have posted about the connection problems and I've been through so many possibilities, the only thing left to bitch about is the programming. Youse guys in Seattle come on, or post solutions. I've deleted, reinstalled, rebooted so many times I think I'm Kneau Reeves. Or maybe juist a rock.

Whose got a solution? Yellow Submarine(are you mad at me?) Consultant British Petro? I've already promised you tons of beers, your choice?! Maybe Yoda could suggest something? I'm frazzled, dismayed and sleeplesss in the Midwest. HEP ME! HEP ME! Or not. If the parade passes me by, I will not watch, I'll start a rock and stamp collection.

9. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Bad time slot

Saturday mornings are good for kids but not grown ups. If anyone has any poll I would get them to put the UBT between Survivor and CSI Las Vegas

JMO

:joker:

10. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

How about recording it?

This problem is easily solved --- TIVO or VCR. As for evening showings, this is Blackjack, not even Poker is shown in prime time on a major network. To paraphrase from another show, it's "not ready for prime time".

Let's just be glad they managed to get a major network to air the shows.

11. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

I think he's referring to the ratings it's going to get. Of course WE'RE going to watch it whether we have to tivo it or not, it's other people that need to watch it to get the numbers it will need. Those type of time slots historically don't have those kinds of numbers.

As far as it being on a major netowrk, it sounds good, but they're a lot more picky about their ratings than cable so those numbers will really have to be there. Here's to hoping they are.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  12. Well, we are getting the Arkansas/Vandy game here. BTW- Hogs are ahead 14-13.

13. KenSmith

I'm guessing that about half the country got football instead of UBT. Very frustrating.

14. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

For night owels

Here in Chicago, the UBT is scheduled to air at 12:30 AM Sunday morning (central time). No typo - that's AM when the nation sleeps. They should really get good ratings from that time slot. I suggest others check their local listings around that time. Maybe it's being broadcast nationally at that time this week.:confused: Hope timing is better next week.

As Rodney Dangerfield would say (if he were alive): "It gets no respect"

15. KenSmith

Thanks for the heads up toolman.

I just checked my local TV schedule for next week, and we're getting football again on Saturday. However, our CBS affiliate is airing the UBT show at 3 AM Monday morning (Sunday night).

If you weren't able to find the show this week, be sure to check the overnight schedule in future weeks. I wish I had noticed this in time to tell people this week.