Celebrity Blackjack Final Odds

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GHermanski, Aug 3, 2004.

1. GHermanski

GHermanski Banned User

I posted my odds for the final of the World Series of Blackjack. I don't remember what they were, but I'm pretty sure I missed badly. Anyway, now that the finalists have been named for Celebrity Blackjack, here are my opening odds:

Dean Cain 5-2
    Ben Stein 7-2
    Caroline Rhea 5-1
    Shannon Elizabeth 7-1
    Chynna Phillips 12-1

2. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Nominations?

You may need to adjust those odds -- as Chynna Phillips' place will be filled by her hubby Billy Baldwin (she was unable to make it to the final taping day).

Nominations for best player, overall? After re-watching the episodes again, I have to say that DL Hughley & Dean Cain get my top two nominations, closely followed by 'Stuttering John' Melendez & Willie Garson, based on general tournament savvy & understanding of the true advantages (and disadvantages) present in the game. Ben Stein did so well, but ultimately gave in to the typical superstitious voodoo that is the trademark of most gamblers.

Any other noms for best celeb player? Perhaps we should all nominate 2 players, then have Ken set up a poll & we can vote. Who knows, the results may work themselves into some sort of press for the show or end up on air somewhere in the 2nd season (you never can tell what that crazy dealer will say next!) ;)

-hollywood dave.

3. GHermanski

GHermanski Banned User

If Billy Baldwin is in, he drops that entry's number to 10-1.

I thought John Melendez played the best, with kudos to Dean Cain and Caroline Rhea. She got lucky, but seemed to take the right approach.

4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

You guys can post nominations, and anyone can actually post a poll in the message board software, so, have at it Hollywood.
    The poll option appears when you are posting a new thread.