"Celebrity Blackjack" needs your help!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hollywood, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Hey everyone --

sorry I've been so absent lately, things have been crazy for me out here in la-la land... but i'll definately be in Vegas @ the Hilton for the late September or mid-October MD III qualifier, so hope to see some of you there... except you, Ken -- don't wanna compete with you, i don't think i'll be able to beat you a 2nd time! ;)

Question for the board: you know the official 'dealer button' that is used in blackjack tourneys? well can anyone refer me to a company/person that can customize one on the fly? we start shooting this weekend & apparently are having some issues with our old supplier, so any help or suggestions you can offer would be great.

We're gonna have a lot more customization this time around -- we've had special 'celebrity blackjack' decks of cards made up with the logo on the back & everything, pretty cool. and who knows how many crazy stories i'll have by next week -- rumor has it there will be a floating cocktail waitress this time around as well, so i'm sure all the celebs will be even more party-minded than the last time around...

-hollywood dave.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

The biggest name in gaming supplies is Gaming Partners International, or GPI. It's a merger of the old PaulSon, B&G and Bud Jones companies.

A web search turned up this phone number in LV: (702) 384-2425

If that's no help, you may want to ask Les Thacker at the Hilton who made their '$1,000,000' lammer for that event.

As for Celeb Blackjack, I say more cocktails, less Alex B.

3. Jackaroo

Jackaroo New Member

There’s also the Gamblers General Store, 800 S. Main Street, Las Vegas. They have everything…custom chips with your picture, corporate logo, whatever.

You can submit artwork, etc., by email but I doubt you can get anything personalized before the weekend though. But hey, money talks. Here’s the contact info:

Tel: 800-322-2447 and 702-382-9903
    Fax: 702-366-0329
    Email: ggs@lasvegas.net
    Web: www.gamblersgeneralstore.com

--jr

4. oneeyedjacks

oneeyedjacks New Member

For Rent

Get yourself a standard issue hockey puck for the marker. Put some monochrome felt on top that is in contrast to the table color. In post production/editing they can superimpose various sponser's logos, just like backround panels at ballparks.

5. instagator

instagator New Member

TV Dave

Hey Dave,
    Caught the first episode of the celebrity challenge where you outplayed 3 other "mentally challenged" players at BJ, 3-card, roulette, and craps. Is this a recent filming and when and where will the next episode be shown? By the way "Relic Man" wants a pair of your glasses.
    IG

6. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Number chips

Hi Dave,

All you need is the numbered chips 1 - however many hands you play. That is what is used at most tournaments to determine the starting hand and gives a current standing on which hand is being played.

Good luck with the new season!

7. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

That was 'Vegas Challenge' on the Travel Channel, and other episodes featured more familiar gamblers: Skip Samad, Kenny Einiger, and of course Anthony Curtis co-hosted. we filmed that back in April @ the Sahara, so at this point its just repeating at random intervals.

Yes, the first round was a breeze but then again, no matter how much you know going in, there's always the devil variance to counter! but the final round really killed me, i was chip leader half way through, couldn't make anything happen on 3 card poker (like anyone can without 3rd basing a dealer hole card -- which i think is the crux of grosjean's strategy here) and ended up down slightly going into my final game -- roulette. damn, damn, damn. i was spreading on 8 numbers, giving me better than 20% shot every spin. if i coulda hit 2-3 numbers in a decent number of trials, i woulda won hands down -- but believe it or not i spun that wheel 50 times and only hit a number ONCE. needless to say i achieved the 2nd best result when not in 1st place -- busting out trying! lady luck always loves me up to the very last minute, then throws me such a karmic curveball -- my odds of having such a horrible run at roulette are the same as betting heads, flipping a coin, and having it land tails 20 times in a row...

as for everyone who responded RE: the button, thanks a lot for the last minute help. everything worked out, we're almost through taping the second season now (4 more episodes to go) and this time around its crazier than ever. since there are only 4 people at each table (instead of 5) it leaves much more room to have interesting, bizarre, and often completely inappropriate conversations with the stars... just how i like it! we premiere October 11th, so not much longer & you can get another Hollywood Dave fix, you blackjack junkies...

-dave.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004