Changes needed

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Barney Stone, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

I wish the ClubUBT would adios the Ictek Watch tourney. My guess is a majority of the players need a watch like that like they need a hole in their head. Word is the watch is very hard to sell and its hard to cover the taxes off the retail price. I say adios to the cruise. Im sure most would agree a nice 2000$ shopping spree in lace of the cruise would be great and same for the watch a couple 2500$ jobs.:joker:

2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

cross dressing

You can wear what you like when you go to the mall but I'll stick to jeans and a sweat top thank you very much! Is it only for weekends?

:joker:

Cheers

Reachy

3. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Great Idea! 5000$ worth of Victoria Secret! SWEET!

4. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Very interesting

I just got an email from a friend who told me that the Club has NO "big prize" tournaments scheduled for the rest of this week, and none of those at all on the poker side until the end of the month. This is after weeks and weeks of having one in either EBJ or poker almost every night. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Barney,

May I suggest that you e-mail ClubUBT with your feelings about the watche(s)? I have to admit that ClubUBT, when I have e-mailed them, has been responsive to question.

Take their point tourney's for example. The older system for BJT simply awarded everyone the same prize the and final table(s) didn't play. Now they award more points and and encourage you to play the final table.

With the watches I doubt that you'll see many more of them in the future. Since ALL IN has dropped BJ and the Gervil was an advertiser it doesn't make any sense for them (Gervil) to continue selling their products to ClubUBT at cost in order to get the non-existent advertising.

As for the number of tournaments - be prepared for less and less until the membership increases and there is better cash flow. Just enjoy it for what it is - fun time and bad practice.

6. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

FGK, these are nothing but blind suggestions from me. I know ClubUBT has so many watches from Gerbil's sponsoring the UBT TV show. Club UBT has bought so many Carnival cruises that are in inventory. Im sure truth is they must work off the inventory before they change the prize schedule. Lets just hope the watch keeps ticking!

7. zweeky

zweeky Member

Some reappeared today, now there is:

Poker Dec 20: $1000
    Poker Dec 21: Cruise
    Poker Dec 22: Shopping Spree
    BJ Dec 23: Watch
    Poker Dec 24: Massage chair
    Poker Dec 25: Cruise
    BJ Dec 26: $1000
    BJ Dec 27: Cruise
    BJ Dec 28: HD TV
    Poker Dec 30: $10000

8. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Thanks, Zweeky - that's good to hear and I'll pass it along.

9. pinklady

pinklady New Member

Hey everyone,

I am just happy what they got to give away in tournaments. I am working on winning another cruise!!!!!!:laugh: I love clububt!!!!!

GOOD LUCK YALL