"cheating"?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by eliburk, Aug 6, 2007.

1. eliburk

eliburk New Member

:eek:
    I am most likely just a rookie going through my first "slump" but what signs would I look for to tell me that there may be collusion going on in the ebj tourneys on-line?

2. toonces

toonces Member

Eli, it's real easy to experience a slump in this game. I've dropped $2000 from my high point.

However, it's hard to characterize collusion online. The biggest practice would be that 2 other players are not targeting their bets based on each other but based on the others. The other practice I might see is a player that is "out of it" might decide whether to go all in on hand 7 or 15 depending on whether his "partner" is vulnerable or not. It's a lot easier to collude in poker games.

Honestly, from my experience, I'd say that collusion on EBJ is minimal if at all.

3. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Not sure how much colusion goes on...poker is rife but EBJ would be harder.

I have seen and even caught someone using a program to track everyones bets and cards (he excused himself because he said it was just a excell spreadsheet..)lol

He was obvious because he bet slowly every time...he was entering the players info into his program...

I suspect more this this one person uses something like this...its always the dead slow players that are suspect...it doesnt take 30 full seconds to decide to stand on 20 or to call a black jack...

4. eliburk

eliburk New Member

thanks

I will keep playing and hoping for better things to happen....thanks