Christmas in Michigan

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by LeftNut, Dec 24, 2008.

1. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

In the last 5 days we've had three snowstorms totaling well over a foot of the white stuff. Right now, it's raining ice out there on top of the snow. And that's lightweight stuff compared to where Monkeysystem, Schultzy and BillyC reside.

In the spirit of Christmas sharing, I thought I'd give all of you Southern wimps a taste of what we deal with! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuLOk_ELt2A

This one is hilarious!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8i7wARUcSQ

A great choice of background music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PApZm9-rwFc

2. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

I feel for you Brian,
    I heard on the news yesterday, since they have kept the statistics, which is well over 100 years now, we here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area have only had 3 white Christmas days. Not this one either.

Enjoy it!

3. maxwell

maxwell Member

put on your shorts

Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
    Thunderstorm
    74° F | 58° F

Chance of Rain
    72° F | 65° F

Chance of Rain
    76° F | 67° F

Chance of a Thunderstorm
    72° F | 43° F

Clear
    63° F | 41° F
    T-storms
    50% chance of precipitation
    Chance of Rain
    20% chance of precipitation
    Chance of Rain
    20% chance of precipitation
    Chance of T-storms
    40% chance of precipitation
    Clear

houston weather for the next 5 days

IF WE HAD SNOW OR ICE DOWN HERE IT WOULD BE A FIASCO-WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DRIVE IN THAT CRAP-WHEN IT ICED OVER A FEW YEARS AGO WE HAD 2000 WRECKS BETWEEN 7 AM - 8 AM

I GUESS THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING IN MICHIGAN STAY WARM AN HAVE HOT TODDY FOR ME :eek::eek:

4. creeping panther

creeping panther Banned User

leftynut

LeftNut

You are correct, it has been a rough winter so far. I depart in a few days for an extended BJ trip to the GNW and I relish the opportunity. I have always been very fond of those Polar Regions and have never let the driving conditions or weather hold me back...I find it to be very peacefull and beautiful, and the more frigid the better. You also experience some amazing playing conditions and high EV situations as the weather gets more brutal, the stories I could tell.

Picture Ignace, :) blizzards and sub zero weather, few people at the tables, sitting by that Big lobby fireplace, OR having a bite in that big glassed rotunda of a dining room,.... gazing out at the frozen earth and water, a Black Bear crosses your view, while you prep, enter that.. "Sacred Zone" for another.... unholy, bloody, Predation of ,,,,,,"The GAME":D Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:eek:

CP

5. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

CP, I wish you the very best of cards during your BJ sojourn through our lustrous and beautiful Frozen North. :gun: :cheers:

For everyone, whether you have a "white" Christmas or not, Deb & I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season!!!

6. creeping panther

leftnut

leftnut,

Thank you for the "BJ Blessing".... coming from a *BJ Celebrity* such as yourself ... :1st:.. that is a powerfull advantage :) Should someone at the BJ Table mention tournament play, may I have your permission to -name drop- and tell them that I am an acquaintance of the famed Leftnut?

I am now off to use my snow rake on the roof. I also wish you and Deb a Happy Holiday Season and a flush, (royal) New Year :celebrate :laugh::)

Included in that group of happy faces is "Schultzy and his Crew", Alf, Joseph, Monkey , Billy C, Johnny, Pill and wife. GRowwwwwwllll:eek:

CP

7. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Christmas From Monkey's Porch

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Enjoying the beautiful sunny white Christmas morning.

Attached Files:

8. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Not acquaintances........

CP, don't tell anyone that we are acquaintances - if the subject comes up, use the word "friend" instead. :)

"BJ Celebrity" and "famed" are more than a little over-the-top, if you shoveled it any deeper than that, you'd need a backhoe. :laugh:

Nice photo, Monkey. Sure looks mighty damn familiar.

9. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

We have more

I'm certainly not bragging about this, but we have more snow than shown by Monkey. Christmas morning ACTUAL temp was 18 below zero! I don't handle the low temps as well as when I was young.
    Hope ALL BJT members had good Christmas and wish them Happy New Years!

Billy C

10. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Brrrrrrr

Where do you live, Billy? I live in Racine County.

11. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Will tell you by PM------there's at least one hit man trying to locate me!

Billy C

12. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

He couldn't possibly be married to some woman of your "acquaintance" from the last St. Ignace BJT, could he? :laugh:

13. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Shh!!!

14. creeping panther

Bill C

I depart in a few hours for that very region, did you want me to make an attempt at a "Conflict Resoultion"? :laugh::gun:

CP

15. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

No, but thanks for the offer! Hope you make some money on both the tables and vp and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Billy C