club UBT prize

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by pokernut, Aug 16, 2007.

1. pokernut

pokernut New Member

A portable fireplace is a prize tonight, I would love to win that, it is only 106 degees today.

2. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

But it is such a pretty fireplace!

3. Sooeygun

Sooeygun New Member

Since finding out that they won't ship to Canada and they send cash value to me instead, I'll play for any of the prizes.

4. david matthews

david matthews New Member

It seems to be a REALLY good deal if you're in Canada.

5. bjmace

bjmace Member

Not if you really want a UBT Keyboard/Mouse Tray :mad:

6. Archie

Archie New Member

How about the 5k watch...

would we get the cash in Canada instead. That would be great.

7. Sooeygun

Sooeygun New Member

I was wondering the same thing. One of us had better win one to find out. It would sure be easier getting the cash than getting the watch and selling it.

8. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

What about...

If you can't get the prizes from The Club how about this?

Can you win the cruise :confused:

If you're not a US citizen will you just get the $ from the cruise package or will you be allowed to cruise?

Hey Mace you better find out about this one QUICK before tonight at least!

9. Sooeygun

Sooeygun New Member

Good question, but I don't think its a problem. I believe they give the money instead of the prize because of the logistics of physically shipping it here. Customs, shipping charges, etc.

10. bjmace

bjmace Member

The cruises are open to all members as no physical shipping is involved of goods

11. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Taxes????

Non resident aliens are subject to 30% withholding under Sec 1441 according to ClubUBT, so what happens if a non resident wins the cruise ?:confused: :confused: :confused:

12. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

speaking of that who pays for the S&H of prizes won? :confused:

13. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

I'm still debating whether or not to join. Surprisingly, it sounds like ClubUBT may offer better value to those of us outside the U.S. than those within.

Have I undestood correctly? -
    • We'll receive the cash value (as defined by the RRP) of any prizes, rather than the somewhat less valuable prizes themselves.
    • Currently 30% tax will be withheld, but we should be able to claim this back.

14. bjmace

bjmace Member

Spot on Colin, If you get a U.S tax number is quite easy to reclaim, but I believe they are now looking into the fact that the UK is completely exempt anyway so unlike Canada we should not even have the 30% witheld, Which indeed will make the UK the best place to be a member.

For $20 a month Colin you will be hard pushed to go wrong, and if you change your mind there is a cancel button :rolleyes:
    Only down side for us is you only get Electronic All In Mag, But if you want real copies, pm me your address and will post some to you when i get back from Barona.

15. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Other prizes

Hey what about other types of prizes that Club UBT could offer:

Lunch with any Club UBT member

Play to Win

Entry to a UBT event - oops they're all done - sorry!

Date with Shandi! :eek: