club ubt toc

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by maxwell, Jun 25, 2007.

1. maxwell

maxwell Member

ANYBODY HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON CLUB UBT TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS
    BEFORE CLUB UBT THE FREEROLLS FOR THIS SIZE TOURNAMENT HAD AROUND 1200 PLAYERS
    NOW WITH CLUB UBT I WOULD THINK THAT THE AMOUNT OF PLAYERS WOULD DROP TO MAYBE 600 (4 ROUNDS) JUST A THOUGHT-MAYBE LESS
    ANY THOUGHTS:eek: :eek:

2. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

While I am not currently a member of ClubUBT since I'm still evaluating whether it's worth my time (more than my money) to play for the small BJ prizes currently being awarded, I have analyzed their TOC tournament.
    With the preliminary qualifying Barona satellites limited to 200 players each -- a good thing -- and the Super Satellites having about 48 players each -- a good thing as well -- the final championship round on October 27 will have about 2,250 players, with just one winner -- NOT a good thing.

I believe any decent player on this board should be able to qualify for the October 27 round by playing the preliminary qualifying and Super satellites. Again, for me, it comes down to a question of my time's value.

3. maxwell

maxwell Member

Club Ubt

I Have Joined Club Ubt For Two Reasons
    1.for The Freerolls
    2.just For The Practice For My Game And To Me That Is Worth The 10 Bucks A Month

I Understand Where Your Numbers Are Coming From -however I Just Simply Do Not Believe That Many Players Will Be In The Tournament-i Would Not Think They Have That Many Members As Yet And As The Freerolls Continue I Would Think That Quite A Few Will Be Cancelled
    I Hope So Anyway I Have Qualifyed For The Oct Tourny:d :d

4. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

Maxwell, from what I understand, one does not have to be a member of ClubUBT in order to play the Barona satellite freerolls. So the final round on October 27 will probably have close to the 2,250 players I figured on.

5. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Ted is right on both counts (pardon the pun). First of all, while there wouldn't be as many if this was a monthly event as it was in PlayUBT.com days, there is now nearly 4 1/2 months for folks to qualify. Second, anyone can qualify, whether they are ClubUBT members or not. It's the only bone that those of us in banned U.S. States have to chew on there. Ted's count will likely prove to be only marginally lower because some folks will win multiple entries, but will only be allowed to play one of them. I'm guessing about 2,000 entries in the Main Event for the TOC table seat. Unless, of course, the methodology or frequency of the satellites is changed.

6. maxwell

maxwell Member

freeroll

WELL I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE WRONG SEEMS TO BE ALWAYS A TRADE OFF AT LEAST THE PRICE IS RIGHT:rolleyes: :laugh: