ClubUBT New Software Problem (?)

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Monkeysystem, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Anyone else having trouble with the ClubUBT software? After I log in my ClubUBT window has a message on the left side that says, "Flash 8 is required to play." Below that is a "download now" button. Below that is a statement that says, "Click here to refresh after installing the latest plugin." This stuff is in place of the usual buttons on the left side of the window.

The "download now" button doesn't do anything. The here link gives you an index finger mouse pointer and seems to refresh but nothing changes. I went to a third party site and downloaded the latest free version of Flash Player but that didn't seem to change anything. Even closing the program completely and logging back in doesn't fix it.

I actually played today so this thing came up on my computer abruptly today.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  2. themom82

themom82 New Member

No problem here

I am playing now and did not have any problem

themom 82

3. maxwell

maxwell Member

Ubt

I Am Not Having Any Troubles With Playing Ubt On-line:d

4. Monkeysystem

Still The Same

A day later I'm still having the same problem. This computer has Vista on it. It works just fine with my laptop, which has XP on it.

But that shouldn't matter because I was using the Vista computer to play without any problems until yesterday.:confused:

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

You might want to try uninstalling the software from your computer then download the software again from ClubUBT and install it again. I have found this to work on some occasions with other web sites when everything else fails.

6. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

If your default browser is Internet Explorer, you might consider downloading Firefox and making it the default browser to see if it helps.
    http://www.getfirefox.com

7. Monkeysystem

Tried Both Your Suggestions

Thanks guys. I tried both your suggestions, uninstalling ClubUBT, installing Firefox, then going into Firefox to the ClubUBT website and downloading again. I also reinstalled Flash from the link on the ClubUBT website, and restarted the computer. All was no help.

I'm becoming all too familiar with this kind of bug since I got this desktop and started using Vista... :flame:

Anyway, I've got a comment into Customer Service.

8. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

dum dum dum dum .... Flash! aaaahhhhaaaa!

If it was working previously then something must have changed on your PC in the mean time (as there doesn't seem to have been an update of the ClubUBT software). Do you recall installing anything or changing any Windows settings?

I got the 'Flash 8 is required' message some time ago, following a UBT software update, but that was because I was using an old Windows version which had Flash 7 installed. Since you have the required Flash version, it sounds like it is not being detected for some reason. If you right-click on the area where the message appears, you should get a popup which reveals which version of Flash (if any) has been found.

Good luck in your dealings with Customer Service. :)

9. felix215

felix215 New Member

Software

I had a similar problem with other software...not CluUBT, not Flash

My problem was I installed New Version Software Y, but Old Version Software X didn't get uninstalled by the new version. My program found the old version.

Look to see if Flash 7 or prior verrsions are still on your computer...uninstall all versions of Flash and reinstall the new version

10. Monkeysystem

Fixed!!

Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash did the trick! Now I can go back on ClubUBT with my new desktop and... :whip: butt! lol

Thanks, guys!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007