CONGRATULATIONS BJ Beauty

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by TXtourplayer, Jun 13, 2008.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Well lots of the big guns were up at Winstar tonight and several made it deep into the tournament, in the semi's there were Ken Smith, Norm Syllensen, Bob Booker, David Page (The legend), Tammy Brown (BJ Beauty), Lou Congemi (LouHenry), Harry Fox (Eastexaspro), and Marvin Hopper (Springbac).

But will only one of the members made the June finals and that was Tammy Brown (BJ Beauty). As soon as I find out how she finishes, I'll post back the final results.

Congratulations Tammy hope you take home the 1st place $50,000.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  2. SOOZZIEC

SOOZZIEC New Member

Congrat's Tammy

Yeah Tammy :joker:
    Congratulations on making the Final Table!
    Waiting to hear where you came in! Makes no difference at least you made the Final.

Lou knows you came in before him, as usual!

We are so excited for you!!!

Lou says next time he may concede to you !!!! LOL

3. TXtourplayer

Final results

Tammie (BJ Beauty) finished in second place last night. I heard she played very well and going into the last hand had first low and second high. Had the dealer won the hand she would have taking down the $50,000 first prize.

Way to go Beauty, now you joined Leftnut, The Landlord, and Helen (The Farmers) wife in the August finals. Good luck to all in August.

4. pinklady

pinklady New Member

Congrats to you Tammy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!

Good luck in August.... Let me know.

Pinklady:)

5. Jascan

Jascan Member

Congrats to BJ Beauty.....

Well done, and you probabaly beat some of the best. Lou, Gongrats on making the Semis and being in contention. LOU, We all play better when you are on our tables......Hit it again next month.

May the Wind always be at your back......

Jascan

6. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

How SWEET it was to sit in the audience and watch another one of our own take a nice hunk of cash away from this tournament series! Attagirl, Tammie, we were all very, very proud of you.

As it was last month, our BJT.com sister easily had the loudest and most boisterous cheering section of the six final table players. Skipper ("Dreamer") was there, and up to his usual loud & proud shenanigans in support of our heroine. :laugh: I'd bet that Tammie feels as I did - sitting in that TV studio/stadium they've built for this event can be somewhat nerve-wracking, and hearing all of that noisy support behind you is simply wonderful.

I may be wrong here, but I think Tammie had 2nd high and 2nd low in that final hand. It was really tough to know for sure since they did a countdown after hand 15 but hand 21 was the last one. She was betting 2nd of the four remaining players. This is how I think it went down, assuming my impression of the chip stacks was correct:

BR1 bet first and went all-in :)yikes:). Tammie followed suit but kept a few chips back, maybe $100. BR4 was next, all-in. BR3 saw all those chips out there and bet the minimum. Our heroine needed to win the hand with a half or full swing on BR1. When the dealer crushed everyone, BR3 became the champion.

One of the interesting side stories was the final table presence of a young man who is all of 19 years old. Wow!

Remember, everyone, she will likely not be able to see this thread for a little while, as she is in the middle of filming the reality show portion of her experience. Only The Landlord, "Farmer's" wife, and myself know first-hand of the grinder she is being put through right now. :laugh:

7. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Kudos!!!

.....to you, Tammy. Dr. Bass is still smilin' big. Best of luck in August!

le/feiii

alias
    lotsaluc, LDE, FEIII, Counselorlee

8. Springbac

Springbac Member

A Grown Man Crying

:sad:I do not know what was happening on other tables because I was consumed with my battle on a Semi-final table. Can you imagine having a BR of over $16,000, and still being second.
    With three persons left at the table on the 21st hand, there were two of us in contention. I had slightly over $8,000, & BR2 had about $6,500. BR2 bet first & went all in. I matched the bet and retained a small amount.
    Remember BJ pays 2 to 1 in this tournament.
    BR2 gets a BJ, I get 18, double, get a 2 to make 20, and still lose by roughly $18,500 to $16,500.
    It was a really exciting and exhausting table to play, but ever so frustrating to lose the semi-finals on the last hand for the second strait month.
    But I will be there to try again in July.:sad:

9. angelrun5

angelrun5 Member

Tammy, I want to add my congrats! It was great playing against you, and was very exciting to watch your play at the final table. Now go gett'm in August. I can't wait to see you and Brian taking down the house. :laugh:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  10. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Congrats Tammy! Nice job, and the real payday is the shot in August. Go get 'em!

11. TXtourplayer

Good and bad news for BJ Beauty...

Well the bad news first, BJ Beauty drew the low card and had to play the 10 hand playoff to try and win the seat in the August finals.

The good news is she not only won the playoff, but she also won a new car along with winning the playoff. And not just a car, but a $40,000 2008 Dodge Charger Super Bee limited edtion with a 451 Hemi. Only 1000 of these cars were made.

Way to go BJ Beauty.

P.S.

If interested, she told me that she is thinking about selling it, but I would contact her fast. Just send her an IM if interested.

12. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

WOW!!!!!!! Freakin' awesome news!!!!! :celebrate
    She might even be able to sell a limited edition hot rod like that for more than the sticker price.

However that turns out, congratulations yet again to BJ Beauty!

13. Drbass

Drbass Member

BJ Beauty appreciates your support!

Tammie has asked me to thank all of her vocal and non-vocal supporters both at the finals and on this site. She is still reeling from the exhausting and exciting weekend - and is smiling from ear to ear about her success on the final head to head split round.

Though I admit some bias, she played an outstanding series of rounds - making those of us who take tournament BJ seriously - extremely proud of her.

Tammie's experience and patience during the final split round really paid off. She turned the lemon of the low card into lemonade by winning a fast car!

I'll make one more run at the finals in July, and look forward to seeing many of you there.

Once, again, Thanks from Tammie for all the good words.