Congratulations Honeybee

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Honeybee won the UB freeroll on BJ for a weekend in Las Vegas with free stay @ the Bellagio and $1,000 in spending money.

Way to go Honeybee!

2. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Congrats

Way to go Honeybee. There were 13 freerolls, as best I can figure, with an average of over 1,000 entries per freeroll. You beat out over 13,000 entries to win that the trip and $1000. That's quite an accomplishment. Nicely Done. thrasht

3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Way to go Honeybee - What a sweet win:p

4. Drbass

Drbass Member

Notes about Honeybee's win

Many of you know that Honeybee is Mrs. DrBass - but now with her big win - I'm proud to be Mr Honeybee. Congrats to her. There were nine rounds in the tournament - five for qualifying and four for the finals. Finals had approx 180players, which means that there probably were 30 freerolls - each sending 6 to the final rounds. If Thrash's estimate of 1000 per freeroll is correct - then the number of competitors would be close to 30,000! (there were 1170 players in her qualifying tournament). I'd guess, if Guiness kept records on such things, it might be a record for the number of players in a single blackjack tournament.

5. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Many congratulations

My jealousy knows no bounds! :)

6. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Bet21 Problems

What actually happened Dr bass was about 100 folks were added into the final because of technical difficulties with the site over the weekend. I was one of those which was a bone of contention with others. I was down to about 50 out of almost 1200 players in one of the qualifiers when they had technical problems. This happened twice to them that I'm aware of. I think my estimate of about 13,000 is close. What a win for Honeybee. WOW

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  7. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Wow! Great job honeybee! That's an impressive feat. Like everyone else here, I'm envious!

8. BJhoneybee

BJhoneybee New Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the kind words and congrats. It was exciting, and exhausting! I'm still waiting to hear from UB about the details of the prize.

Don't know how many players there were, Thrasht has the best handle on this - but there were a lot.

9. bahoozle

bahoozle Member

If it wasn't me...

At least it was someone from this site! Congrats on beating me and the bajillion other players! Bellagio has some niiice digs, and to be there for free is awesome!

10. Venture

Venture Member

Congrats!

It is always good to see nice things happen to nice people.

11. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Great Job!

Congratulations Honeybee for a great victory. Enjoy your trip!

Karen says congratulations too. :D

12. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Have a great trip!

Deb and I pass on our best wishes too!

13. tgun

tgun Member

wtg HoneyB

Congrats on your great victiory.

tgun
    P.S. hey MrHoneyB, I know how it feels.

14. thrasht

thrasht New Member

I Know How You Feel Tgun

Yeah guys our gals keep on kicking our butts. Just remember when they win we win.

Mrs. Honeybee, Mrs. Tgun and Miss. Storminator rock the BJ tourney world.