Congratulations Joe!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Jun 19, 2004.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Mr. consistence does it again!

Joe Pane won the June qualifier at the Las Vegas Hilton today.

This is Joe's third straight year to qualify for the Las Vegas Hilton Million Dollar Blackjack Tournament.

While most would be happy with just qualifying for the finals, Joe made the finals in all three he qualified in.

Way to go Joe!

2. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Too bad that he can't play at Green Valley!

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Yes indeed, Joe played well.

He had to double a blackjack on the last hand to seal the victory. At one point, his chip total was down to a meager $1400 of his original $5000. Yet, he was incredibly patient, and put together an impressive comeback.

Had I been in his seat, someone else would have won this event, because my patience would have worn out in the middle of one of Joe's extended losing streaks during the final round.

Nicely done, and well deserved.

I have all the details, and I'll be posting the final five hands in the next few days hopefully.

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

Million Dollar Tournament

Thank you for your post on my win at the Hilton on June 19.It was a very tough table. I had 2 strong Tournament players at the final table with me ,I actually perfer that it keeps me from losing my focus.And i will tell you how I didn't lose my focus was beyond me . I must have lost 15 of the first 20 hands and i was going to be betting first on the last hand.Talk about against all odds.My first break came when one player dropped out and I now had last bet.My thinking changed at that point to trying to manage my chips and have some for the last hand .But with Patrick and Marvin at the table outmanuvering them was not going to be easy.I managed to go from BR 6 to BR 2 going into the last hand.The last hand was something else,it would have been a ratings blaster if it was on the GSN Network.Talk about nail bitting .Kenny will have all the details of the last 5 hands so i will leave you in suspense.And yes i am the only player to have made the Finals of this Tournament all 3 years.That is something that i am proud of.

Joe Pane

5. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Congrats, Joe.

Yep, it's good that you are out of the way, Joe. It gives the rest of us mortals a better chance next month! :D

6. Joep

Joep Active Member

Thanks for the encouraging words! I appreciate the respect, I really am mortal! Good Luck to you, see you in the finals in May 2005 and may you be sitting on my right with less chips than me!

7. S. Yama

S. Yama Active Member

Congratulations Joe

Congratulations Joe,

I just checked “Play by Play”. Good play rewarded.
    Too bad it wasn't finals final.
    I am sure that Mr.O. noticed that if Charlene hits instead of surrendering, taking 7, then Rolf hits his 16 and gets 5. Now, Mr.O. splits, as he did, and gets “your” Q for the first hand total of 20 and then he gets the “dealer” Ace for the second hand total of 21…
    Well, coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Take care,
    S. Yama

8. Joep

Joep Active Member

Hilton Finals June 2004

I dont know if you were there but Patrick asked to see the next card.Which would have been mine if everyone played as you said. It was a 10 giving me a 21 and locking out Mr. O .I still would have won unless the dealer made a 21 then i would have finished in 2nd Place.Anyday that i can beat Mr O is always a good day.Actually Mr O is a dear friend and a pretty good player so having the bragging rights over him is a good thing.He hates to lose to anyone especially me. He was still bellyaching when i dropped him off at the airport 3 days later.I wonder if Southwest charged him for extra baggage, for his EGO.......LOL

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  9. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Thats cold Joe

Your a cruel man...LOL, quit picking on Mr. O he is to tough as it is, we don't want him upset. Congrats again on your Hilton win.

Will you be in Tunica next month?

10. gflan

gflan New Member

Just back from a month on the road and was thrilled to see your good news.
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Hope to see you at another tournament soon....maybe Tunica?

11. Joep

Joep Active Member

Hilton Finals

Is that you Gayle? thanks for the kind words.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004