Count System For 2:1 Blackjacks

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Monkeysystem, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Does anyone know of a good count system when blackjacks pay 2:1? I'm not a huge fan of counting during tournaments but we have a lot of folks here who believe in it. So I'd like to offer them something here that might help improve their game.

Most of the power of count systems in normal blackjack games comes from identifying situations in which blackjacks are more (or less) likely to appear. There are two differences in 2:1 games that seem to make it necessary to adjust a count system:
    - The players have about a 2.5% advantage right off the top of the shoe.
    - Because of the higher payout for blackjacks, losses of aces and faces are more damaging in these games than in normal games. Extra aces and faces are more helpful.

It seems like high negative counts could switch the advantage from the players to the dealer. Conversely, high positive counts could give the players a very large advantage.

I wonder how accurate your count system could be if you modified the high-low count to count aces as two and started your running count at the number of aces in shoe?

2. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

With only 20 hands, I feel the deviation is just too high to implement a workable count system.