Counting Cards

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by TheDealer, Jul 25, 2006.

1. TheDealer

TheDealer New Member

Is this useful in BJ Tourneys? Or are the rounds to short to do any good?

2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

It's a question I keep on asking myself...

I don't count. Actually that's not true, I'm learning to count! I, and many other people have asked this question and the answer has always come back an emphatic NO from all the top boys (and girls of course).

Actually I'm glad you asked the question because I've been meaning to pursue it again myself. Can players, who count in live games and need to keep their counting skills well oiled, not count in tourneys? I suspect that the urge to count is so great that they do it anyway. If so does it affect their play? With a high count will they be more confident in putting a big bet out? What about a low count when they need to double on a stiff to get as much money in? I'm likely to be way off the mark here because I don't know alot about tournament BJ and I know even less about counting. But, come on guys, admit it, you count and it affects your play!!! :D

Why am I learning to count? Well, one day I hope to get to LV and when I do I want to make some money! I guess I can't play tourneys all the time so I'll have to do something else instead. Learning KO but I might switch to a balanced count so I can get a bit more info. Can now count down a single deck in under 30 seconds. I also deal myself 4 decks of 5 handed BJ and am pretty consistently (90%) getting the RC correct at the end. Can anybody lend me $10K?

Cheers

Reachy

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  3. bahoozle

bahoozle Member